7: gender reveal

*17 weeks pregnant
"I am pumped to find out the gender of my baby tomorrow!" I say as Jonah drives to the doctors office. Jonah laughs.
"Are you a she or a he?" Jonah asks. We get there and do the usual.
"So do you want to find out the gender?" The nurse asks. "Um we would like for you to write it down and we look away," I say.
The nurse nods and Jonah and I look away. After the appointment I meet my friend Maddy and give her the letter.
"Thanks for throwing my gender reveal," I say hugging her. "No problem, see y'all tomorrow."
I couldn't see that night because I was too excited. "Go to sleep," Jonah says in his sleep.
I laugh. I close my eyes and eventually fall asleep.

We arrive at my mom's house for the party. I'm wearing blue for boy and Jonah is wearing pink for girl.
"Lexis!" Daniel says when he sees me. "Daniel you look great in pink," I say.
"Why thank you." I see Zach and Jack in blue and Corbyn in pink.
"Lexis come here!" Maddy says. I walk to her.
"So I have a couple ideas prepared and ready to go for the gender reveal, so you can eat a cupcake with pink or blue in the inside, or I got these things that when you open them the color of the smoke is the gender. What would you like?"
"I like the smoke thing, so we could eat the cupcakes afterwards." "Great, now go party."
I walk over to Jack and Zach. "Lexis you're apart of the blue team," Jack says hugging me.
"So what happens at these parties? I've never been to one," Zach says. "The parents of the baby reveal the gender to their friends and family."
"That's it? Maybe I should get someone pregnant so I could throw a party." "You better not Zach," I say slapping his arm.
"Everyone attention please. Can you all move outside to the yard for the reveal," Maddy says. I walk with Jack and Zach outside.
"We're going to win," Jack says. I nod and walk to where Maddy is.
She hands me the smoke thing. "Okay so how this works is Lexis will open this tube and the color of the smoke that comes out is the gender," Maddy says before she walks away from me.
"Okay ready three...two...one," I say. I try to open the tube, but it won't open.
"Jonah help," I say as everyone laughs. He walks over to me and opens the tube.
Pink smoke comes out. "It's a girl," Jonah says as everyone cheers.
I kiss him and he kisses back. I walk to Sean and he gives me my phone back after filming the reveal.
Connor and Elle run up to me and hug me. "Hey aunt Elle and uncle Connor," I say.
"I was right Connor I knew it was a girl," Elle says. "The next baby will be a boy," Connor says.
"Um maybe," I say. I get pictures with the boys and a special picture of Jonah hands on my belly kissing my forehead.
"That's going on instagram," he says. He posts it with the caption "my two favorite girls."