33: voices

Jonah's pov *unconscious
"He's unresponsive, we need to get to the hospital quick." I hear voices.
I hear a siren. Voices talking all around me.
But I don't see anything. "Rush him to the operation room now!"
Then silence. I see a light for a few moments.
But then the darkness returns. "We got him back."
The voices are back. Did, did I just die?

Jack's pov
Daniel, Zach, Corbyn, and I wait in the hospital waiting room. "I can't believe this happened, I shouldn't have called her," Daniel says beginning to tear up.
I rub his back. "It's going to be okay," I mumble.
A nurse comes into the waiting room. "Visitors for Lexis Bowen?" The nurse says.
"That's us," Zach says standing up. "She and Natalie are fine, just a couple minor injuries. They are accepting visitors."
"What about Jonah Frantzich?" I ask. "He's currently in surgery."
Zach, Corbyn, and I start to follow the nurse, but realize Daniel isn't with us. "You coming?" I ask turning towards him.
Daniel shakes his head. He starts crying. I walk towards him and hug him.
"It's all my fault," he cries into my shoulder. "Shh it's going to be okay, Natalie and Lexis are fine," I whisper.
"Not Jonah, he is in surgery because of me." I look back at Zach and Corbyn, and give them the signal to go see Lexis.
They walk away with the nurse and I stay with Daniel. "It's going to be okay, they'll be fine. You'll be fine."

Jonah's pov
I feel my body be lifted and rolled away. It's like I'm here, feeling and hearing everything, but I can't see, talk, or move.
I can't remember anything before I blacked out. It's all so strange.
Also I think I just died. I've experienced death.

Zach's pov
We walk into Lexis's room with the nurse. "Hey Zach, hey Corbyn," Lexis says smiling up at us.
"How are you feeling?" Corbyn asks. "Sore, tired."
"How's little Natalie?" I ask. "Has a broken arm, she's so tired."
I take Natalie from Lexis and sit in a chair. Her eyes are barely open.
"Shh go to sleep baby," I whisper to her. Natalie's eyes close and she falls asleep in my arms.
A nurse walks into the room. "Visitors for Jonah Frantzich?" The nurse asks.
Corbyn gets up and follows the nurse. I stay behind with Natalie and Lexis.

Corbyn's pov
I follow a nurse to Jonah's room. When I walk in, I see Jonah asleep in his hospital bed.
"So he is currently in a coma and we aren't sure when he'll wake up. He has severe injuries such as a concussion and broken bones such as hip, back, collarbone, and left shoulder. During surgery, we did lose him for a bit, but we got him back," the nurse tells me.
"Wait, lose him as in?" I ask. "As in his heart stopped during surgery and we had to restart it."
Oh my god, Jonah died. This is more serious than I thought.