39: Lavender

Jack's pov *2 weeks later
I'm laying in bed with Gabbie. "I'm so excited to meet her," she says.
"Me too. You're going to be the best mom ever," I say to her. She smiles.
"You're going to be the best dad ever." I place my hand on her stomach and feel my baby girl kick.
"I wished I told the boys earlier, instead a month before she's due." "Yeah, well that's in the past now, at least now they know."
I nod. Gabbie groans in pain.
"Your stomach still hurting you?" I ask. "Yeah, just cramps."
"Are you sure they're not contractions?" "Well maybe," Gabbie says.
"Just breathe baby," I say calmly, trying not to freak her out. "Okay it's over."
"Babe if you're in that much pain, we should go to the hospital." I feel something wet next to me.
"Was that your water?" I ask, in shock. She nods, her face stunned.
I get out of the bed and help Gabbie up. "We gotta go, we gotta go now."
I grab the hospital bag while Gabbie goes to wake up her mom. I call Zach right away.
"What's up bro?" Zach asks. "Going to the hospital, baby girl is coming tonight," I say. "Holy shit, I'll tell the others." He hangs up.
I'm going to be a dad. IM GOING TO BE A DAD!

Zach's pov
I get off the phone. My best friend is having a baby.
I run into Lexis's room. "Lexis! Jack's having a baby!" I yell.
Natalie starts crying. "What?" Lexis says half asleep.
"Gabbie is in labor," I say again. She takes Natalie out of her crib.
"Holy shit," Lexis says. "I know I need to tell the others," I say running out of her room.

Jack's pov
We arrive at the hospital and we are taken to a room. Gabbie lays in bed in pain.
I wish I could take her pain away. They check her and she's three centimeters dilated.
Gabbie gets an epidural and falls asleep in her bed. I stay awake, my mind racing.
I'm going to be a dad. My daughter will be here soon.
Am I ready for this? I have to be now.

*few hours later
Gabbie is at ten centimeters and it's time for her to push. "You got this babe, I love you," I say grabbing her hand.
"Love you too Jack," she says squeezing my hand. Gabbie pushes for thirty minutes until I hear her crying.
My daughter is here. I start crying.
A nurse wrap her up and give her to me. She's so small.
"Hi Lavender," I whisper. She's so beautiful.
I love her so much. I look over at Gabbie and smile.
Gabbie and Lavender. My world has never felt so complete.

Zach's pov
I get a text from Jack. "Guys Lavender May Avery has arrived!"