5. Not Ready

SURPRISE BABIES!! ;) Enjoy!

-

"Cancel the meetings I have today and on next two days." Harry said to his phone.

"Yes, sir. I would reschedule them." Ms. Edwards said.

"Okay. Thank you!" Harry hung up and got out of the bed to get ready. He's gonna go back to Doncaster today and meet Louis. He's gonna spend some quality time with him and Jay for the next two days.

He washed his face and changed into an simple outfit. He made himself some cereal and brushed his teeth. He decided to call his mom before leaving and ask about Jay and Louis to make sure that they haven't moved away from their old place.

"Hello, mom." He said to the phone.

"Hey, hun. How are you?" She asked being cheery one as always.

"I'm fine, mom. And I called you to ask about something. I know we both have been avoiding this for so long and we- well, at least me eventually forgot about that." Harry said with regret lacing his every word.

"Wow, you're scaring me. What is it, Harold?" Anne asked.

"Um... I... I wanted to know about Louis." He said stuttering a bit.

"Oh." Anne paused, taken aback a little. "Well, Jay haven't answered any of my calls lately and I tried to reach her mom but her phone didn't work either. I'm thinking maybe she changed her number or something. And... I kind of think she got mad at- um... at what you did to Louis. So I didn't go to visit her. Actually, I was in no place to go and meet her." Anne mumbled the last part.

"Oh." Harry paused feeling his heart break. He has lost the trust of someone that used to care about him a lot and he has made his mom lose her best friend. God, how could he cause such a harm?

"I was an asshole." He admitted out loud.

"Took you long enough to understand that." Anne said letting out a wet chuckle. Harry sighed realizing that his mom is crying.

"I'm gonna go back to Donny now. I want to apologize. I can't live with this guilt anymore, mom." Harry said and he felt his eyes fill with tears once again. When did he become that sensitive? Well, he always have been but he did a good job at hiding things.

"Now?" Anne asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Now." Harry said nodding to himself.

"I'm joining you. Pick me up from my place on your way." Anne said, wiping away her tears.

-

Harry drives down the familiar road, he and Louis used to walk down to go to the park, most weekends. He was coming up to Louis' old house. It was vacant. The grass dead outside and the flowers that once bloomed with happiness were dead and frail.

He parked his car. "Ready mum?" Harry asked his mum who had a sad smile on her face as she looked at the vacant house. They got out the car, harry giving his mum a weak smile as they looked around a bit. Harry's frown deepened when he saw the little swing that was on the front yard all dirty and grass grown above that. He walked to the front door and saw that it was locked.

"Looks like they have moved houses." Anne said with a sigh. Harry nodded and turned around.

"Maybe that old neighbor lady knows where they went." Harry said with a hint of hope in his eyes. Anne nodded and they walked up the neighbors path which lead to their door.

"Go, knock, love." Anne said pushing Harry towards the house. Harry stepped onto the porch and knocked. The door opened to a old white haired lady.