12. Taking Him Away

"Alright, sweety. Hazzie would be back when he's done with work and we can go home. Okay?" Harry asked as he crouched down to Louis' eye level with his hands on Louis' shoulders. Louis leaned in and licked Harry's nose making Harry chuckle and kiss his cheeks.

"Bye, Loulou!" He said as he hugged Louis. He turned to Anne to find her staring at them with a fond look.

"Mom, he's having diarrhea since last night, so help him a little with it. I really don't want to leave him today but I have an important meeting today." He said sadly. Anne patted Harry's back and told him it's fine.

"Okay, I would get going now. Call me if you needed anything, mom. Bye. "He said and leaned in to hug and kiss his mother's cheeks. Anne kissed Harry's forehead and told him to be safe and not to worry too much.

After Harry left Anne asked Louis what he wants to do and Louis waddled over to the couch. He pointed at the TV.

"You wanna watch TV?" Anne ask for further confirmation. Louis nodded and let out a giggle which only he knows the reason for. Anne smiled at the adorable boy and sat next to her. She turned on the TV and settled with some kids show. She walked into the kitchen and brought a cup filled with water.

"Louis, drink some or else you'd be dehydrated." Anne said and handed Louis the cup but the force of his free hand jerking made the cup on his other hand jerk. Drops of water fell off the cup and soaked into his denim shorts.

"Aw, baby. Give me the cup." Anne took the cup from Louis and helped the boy drink some water.

Louis wrapped his arms around his tummy and whimpered after he finished the whole cup of water. Anne hurriedly took him to the bathroom and helped the boy with his shorts and panties. Louis whimpered as his body started emptying his any food in his tummy from his back end. Anne stood next to the boy and rubbed his back until he's done. She helped him clean up and put his clothes back on. She washed Louis' hands and was a bit surprised when Louis didn't try to stay longer to play with water but she soon remembered that the boy is sick.

"Did you have brekky?" Anne asked as she sat Louis on the couch. Louis nodded and let out a weak giggle at something on the TV. Anne smiled sadly at the weak boy.

"Okay, bud. Anne is gonna have her brekky now. Come find me in the kitchen if you needed anything." Anne placed a kiss on Louis' cheek and stood up.

-

Anne decided to make something to eat for the boy despite him saying that he had breakfast. She knew the food he had earlier must've left his body already due to his diarrhea. She took some potatoes and started making some mashed potatoes for him. She walked back to the living room when she's done with Louis' food to find Louis' head lolling side to side sleepily.

Anne placed the bowl on the coffee table and laid Louis carefully on the couch. She knew it's only matter of minutes and the boy'd be up. She decided to spare her time to watch some cookery show.

After 30 minutes to the show she heard Louis whimper. She looked down at the boy to see two tear drops glistening at the end of his closed eyelids. Anne's heart sank as she understood what's happening. She ran her fingers through Louis' hair and leaned down to place a kiss on his forehead.

"Shh.. Lou, baby, it's all fine, love. Open your eyes, hun. It's only a nightmare." She knew all too well that it is not 'only a nightmare'. It was reality all of them are struggling to forget. It's reality Louis' life made more problematic than it already was. It's reality that made all of them wish to turn back time.

Anne kept mumbling sweet nothings to Louis until he opened his eyes.

"Aw, bubba. Come here." Anne said and cuddled Louis to her chest. She kept mumbling sweet nothings until the little boy in her arm calmed down. She's so familiar with nightmares as Harry started having them suddenly when he was 13. 'Harry was much worse than this.' Anne thought.