Chapter 31: Secrets Revealed

Date: Early September - Baby Natty is 7+ months old

**Four POV**

My palms are sweating as I quickly move through the hallways of Dauntless. My head down, I don't want to talk to even one more person right now. I scowl remembering how I almost bit Lauren's head off a few moments earlier. She stopped me in the hall, insisting she needed to go over something with me. I told her once I didn't have time to talk, and she kept pushing. I finally ended up snapping at her to leave me alone and just back off. She looked so shocked, and then hurt. I will need to apologize later. There is nothing going on with initiation, so I have no idea what was so urgent that Lauren needed to talk to me about.

My first stop after returning to the compound was the daycare center. I wanted to see her.

No.

I needed to see her.

My baby sister.

No one asked any questions when I visited Natty at the daycare. Tris had added me to the list of approved pick up persons many weeks ago. Holding that sweet little girl in my arms, knowing that we are actually related, only confused me more. She's my real family, by blood. She is a here partly because of Marcus of all people. How I despise that man, but he is in fact her father. Just like he is mine. I just had to push those thoughts away and concentrate on the sweet baby that was in my arms. Her face had lit up at seeing me. I knew I had loved Natty already, but the feeling only magnified as I accepted we are truly family.

Snapping out of my thoughts as I finally approach the Dauntless Infirmary Clinic, I breathe in and out to calm myself. In addition to needing to see Natty, I needed to confirm that she was indeed at daycare, I definitely do not want to have this conversation with Tris while the baby is with us.

Tris's ongoing deception replays in my mind again and again. I am furious, but I will control myself from making a scene at the health clinic. I guess I have Christina and Will to thank for that, a previous reminder of how not to handle oneself when mad at your significant other and they are at work.

I'm pretty sure Tris told me she would be working at the non-emergency Clinic today, likely a combination of shadowing medical personnel and then doing grunt work as part of her training today. Walking up to the counter I ask the receptionist if he could let Tris know that 'Four is waiting in the lobby and needs to speak with her. Just for a moment.'

I pace the lobby while I wait for her to arrive. No matter what, I will stay in control. I have to.

"Hey! Not that I am not happy to see you, but what are you doing here? We didn't have lunch plans today, did we?" Tris smiles at me as she approaches.

I just stare at her, trying to reconcile the love I feel for her and the bitterness growing in my heart when I think about her secret about our sister. A baby I have held, cared for, loved...babysat. Right, because as Tris had me believing that Natty was nothing to me, what else would it be called? I was just a babysitter. Only spending time with Natty when Tris would grace me with the pleasure, often turning to Uriah and Christina before me.

"Four?" Tris prompts me for a second time as I just stare at her.

"We need to talk, but here is not the place. I am going to be in the hallway outside of the clinic until you can break away," I say, working to keep my voice down.

"What? Please just tell me what is wrong! I can see you are upset, did something happen?!" Tris pushes.

"I said not now. I'll wait outside, I prefer we discuss this at my apartment," I pause to catch my breath. "Also, I think you should leave Natty at daycare while we talk."