#10

The next day I woke up alone in my bed. Had he already left?

I changed out of my pajamas and put on the skirt and one of the sweaters Jun bought me.
When I exited my room, I could hear people talking in the kitchen. I had forgotten to eat yesterday except for breakfast, so I was starved. And I could smell pancakes.

- you better have saved some for me.
I told jun when I entered the kitchen. Wonpil was also in the kitchen. I was happy that he hadn't left. They had the day off after all, and I wanted to spend it with him.

Brian and Dowoon was also here. I guess they spent the night too. Probably a good idea.
- do you even know what time it is?
Jun asked me.
- ...no
I answered. I looked at the clock on the wall. Woah, it was already 4 PM.
- I guess you needed a lot of beauty sleep..
Jun said.
- I don't need beauty sleep.

I was about to sit down and eat, when Wonpil asked me if we could talk. So we went to my room.
- do.. do you remember what you said to me last night?
He asked me. I wasn't really sure what he was talking about.
- what did I say?
I asked him. He looked at me, and sighed.

- I have to go.
He said, and got up from my bed. He exited my room so fast I had to run after him.
- I thought you had the day off?
I asked him.
- I'll see you on monday..
He said, and exited the apartment. I was so confused. Should I go after him? No... it didn't seem like he wanted me to.

I walked back to the kitchen.
- did Wonpil leave?
Brian asked me.
- yeah.. does he have plans?
I said.
- I don't think so..
He answered me. So what was that all about?

- I think I'll leave too, I don't want him to take the bus alone..
Brian said, and got up from his chair.
- are you coming Dowoon?
He asked.
- I have plans. With Jun.
Dowoon answered.
- ok, I'll see you later.. bye Siyeon.
He said, and smiled at me.
- see you on monday.
I told him.

After he left, I sat down on the couch with Jun and Dowoon.
- so what are you guys doing today?
I asked them.
- We are going to see the new movie starring Lee Minho. You know, that war movie. And then probably go eat somewhere.
Jun answered me.

- so I'll be alone today? Great. What was that game you have where I can kill zombies?
I asked him.
- you mean the one that makes you scream out of fear all the time?
He asked me.
- yeah that one.
I answered. I didn't really like it, but the game would distract from sending about 20 messages to Wonpil. I had the feeling he didn't want to talk to me.
- it's already inside the console.
Jun answered. I decided I would take a bath first. Maybe a nap. Maybe a nap in the bathtub.

About an hour later, Jun and Dowoon left, and I was all alone.

•Wonpil's POV•

I had to leave. Because now I knew she didn't mean it. She didn't love me..
And it made my heart hurt. What was I expecting?

I was about to enter the bus, when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Brian.
- I'm still hungry.. let's go eat jajangmyeon!
He said. I didn't really want to go back to the dorm anyways.
- sure.
I told him.

We went to the nearest restaurant and ordered the food, and sat down by a table.
- are you upset about something?
Brian asked me.
- no.
I said, obviously lying.
- ok.
Brian said, and started looking at his phone.

- Wonpil?
I turned to where the voice came from. It was Soyoung. But she was alone. She was usually always with Minah.
- what do you want..?
I asked her. I wanted her to leave.
- I've tried calling you several times.
She said.
- I blocked your number.
I answered.
- oh..
She said.
- can you just leave me alone?
I asked her. She got this sad expression, and sighed.
- do you want to know what happened that day?
She asked me.
- what day?
I asked her, and sighed.
- you know what day.
She said. Was she talking about the day Siyeon was hurt by her and Minah?
- fine.
I told her. I wanted to know, how they could do such a horrible thing. And why they did it..
Soyoung sat down beside Brian, making him move his chair a little away from her.

- tell me why... what made you do it?
I asked her.
And then she explained it.

It was the day the winterball was announced. Soyoung was walking down the corridor, on her way to math class, when she spotted Siyeon and her friends.
She had hid behind the corner, because she was afraid of getting bullied.
Then she overheard Siyeon talking to her friends... about me.
Siyeon was planning on asking me to be her date at the ball. As a joke. And then make fun of me in front of the entire school.
So Soyoung quickly found Minah, and told her about it.
Minah told her that they should find Siyeon when she was alone, and scare her, so that she wouldn't ask me out as a joke.
Soyoung told me that she didn't know what was about to happen that day. Suddenly Minah had brought a metal pipe with her, and they went after Siyeon to the girls room.

I didn't know what to think.. why would Siyeon do that to me? I was never rude to her. Not like she used to be against me. My head hurt now, I I didn't want to hear the rest. But I had to see Siyeon. I wanted her to explain why..

- I have to do something.
I told Brian, and got up from my seat.
- what about your food?
He asked me, but I just left.

•Siyeon's POV•

I was about to call Wonpil, but he beat me to it. He told me to meet him at the park near the apartment building. It was already getting dark outside. And it was cold. I got there in 10 minutes, and I found Wonpil by the benches. He was pacing. Was something wrong?

When he saw me, he sat down on a bench.
- we need to talk.
He said. I sat down beside him on the bench, and tried to take his hand, but he moved it away from me. Something was definitely wrong.
- why did you hate me so much?
He asked me.
- what?
I asked him. I wasn't sure what he was talking about.
- why did you hate me so much in high school?
He asked me.
- I didn't...
I answered.
- then why where you going to ask me out as a prank?
He asked me. Oh no...

-what are you talking about?
I asked him.
- you know what I'm talking about!
He said. Well, almost yelled. And got up from the bench.
I did know what he was talking about. But I didn't know how he knew about it. Did he talk to... someone from our past?
- who told you?
I asked him, and also got up from the bench.
- that's not important.
He answered.
- yes it is!!
I yelled at him.
- is this also a joke to you?
He asked me.
- why would you say that..
I said.
- just answer me. Am I a joke to you??!
He asked again.
Why would he think that.. hadn't I proved that I wasn't the same person as back then??

- who made you do this? You're hurting me..
I asked him. It hurt so bad, having to think back to that day...
- well, you hurt me first. So many times..
He answered. I should have known. He could never forgive me for all that I did. Why where I so stupid to believe it?
- I can't believe you're doing this to me.. I didn't even go trough with it.
I said.
- but you where about to! Aren't you even sorry about it!!?
He asked me. We weren't really talking now. We where yelling at each other.
- maybe I'm not.
I said back. He was making me so angry, I forgot about being sad.

- now tell me who told you about it!!
I yelled at him.
-Soyoung told me. I met her today.
He answered. Why did he see her? Was she the reason he left earlier?
- did she tell you what they did!? Did she mention that they crushed my ribs with a metal pipe?!!
I yelled at him. I couldn't even look at him now.
- if you really love me, you wouldn't mention that day so easily.
I said, and I wanted to cry.
- maybe I don't. It's not like love me back anyways.
He said. It was like being stabbed in the heart.
- don't talk to me again.
I said.
- Fine!
He yelled back.
- good.
I said.
And then we went our separate ways.

AN: you should know by now that I can't let my characters be happy to much. I'm a sucker for disaster.