Ch19 : Strong Love

Chapter 19: Strong Love 

     [Edited: September 4, 2015]

     (Louis' P.O.V)

     I was shocked. And no, not because Lilly found us doing our prank, but because I just realized that we did harm the girls. Riley and Lilly is probably scared to death, and the girls are probably horrified.

     Turning around to the boys, I examined their faces. The same thing. I sighed and dropped onto her bed.

     "What did we do?" I asked, frustrated. They didn't answer, and soon the question withered away, unanswered.

     Feeling guilty, I went to look for Lilly. The other boys went to apologize to the girls. Liam popped at my side, and we went downstairs together. We split up looking for her, positive she was hiding somewhere.

     After looking everywhere, we couldn't find her. Liam was freaking out. 

     "What if she ran away? What if she got kidnapped? What if she got lost?" He asked, naming the multiple dangers she could be in.

     I calmed him down, "Liam, we will find her. She didn't take a bag or anything with her, so I'm sure she will come back soon."

     I went into the kitchen to get a drink for Liam. I opened the fridge and froze, taking a double-take. I closed it again. On the fridge door, was a sticky note. I took it off, and read the note. 

     Dear boys and girls,

     Knowing you, I was sure you would come looking for me. But this time, please don't. I'm fine. I won't get lost, or hurt, or kidnapped. I'm 13 years old, I need to start acting like a teenager. If you really want to know where I am, then I will tell you. Im outside, in town, just needing some fresh air. I have money in pocket so I can buy some food. My phone is silenced, so again, don't call me.

     I will be home soon,

     Love, Lilly. <3

     I walked to Liam, and shoved the note in his face. His eyes scanned the note, then he set it down.

     "We should-" I started. Liam interrupted me.

     "No, give her what she wants. Space. She'll talk to us soon," Liam said. I hesitated, then agreed.

     This is gonna be a long day.

     ~one week later~

     Yeah, it has been a long week.

     Lilly came home that same day she left, and never spoke a word. The girls were her only companions. She wouldn't speak a single word to the boys. I was getting worried. What if she locks us out of her life forever? What if she thought this whole thing my was my fault?

     "Louis. . ." A small, quiet voice startled me. I turned, and saw Lilly standing at my door.

     "Lilly. Thank god. I'm so sorry-" I started. She interrupted me with a hand. I silenced.

     "Look, I'm sorry I wouldn't speak to you. I just think I will make things worse. Every time something happens, I get farther and farther away from you boys. I ruin your lives. I just wanted to ask you if you can. . . can. . . um. . ." She looked away. 

     "Send me back. . . to an orphanage. . ." 

     I sat there, shocked. "No. No, Lilly I can't, I can't send you back, it's too hard, no plea-" I stopped. Let her do what she wants. Whatever makes my little sister happy.