Ch20 : New Accounts and New Lives

Chapter 20: New Acounts and New Lives

     [Edited: September 7, 2015]

     (Riley's P.O.V)

     I cried. More than I ever have. More than I ever knew I could. More than an average person's tears. They just kept on coming. They never stopped. The tears fell out of my eyes, stinging my cheeks.

     The boys would tell me comforting words, and the girls said positive things. But nothing happened.

     Lilly is gone, my only sister and friend. It came so suddenly. Why did she leave? I noticed how quiet she was suddenly, and how she only talked to me and the girls. Was she mad at the boys? Why?

     My head was pounding as I opened my eyes. I was laying in bed, thinking of what happened the past week. First the boys prank us. Then Lilly leaves the house. She comes back, silent. Then a week later, she's leaving to an orphanage!?

     I wonder what she's thinking?

     Please God, all I want is Lilly to come back. I will do anything for you. Just do me this one favor. Please.

     I locked myself in my room for the past few minutes since she left, and cried my eyes out. My family kept on knocking and knocking. I wouldn't answer. I wanted peace. And Lilly back.

     Suddenly, the doorbell rings. Waiting for one of the people to get it, they don't. The ringing kept on going.

     I sighed, and got up.

     I opened the door, not bothering to check the window. Who stood in front of me, shocked me.

     -------

     "So, she's really gone?" He asked. I nodded.

     "Gone. Left. I didn't even give her anything. I feel so bad," I answered. He looked at me.

     "It's okay," Jake comforted. Jake came over, wanting to see what happened. I was happy I have company. Soon, my thoughts flew away, when a question popped into my head.

     "Does Calum know? He's going to freak out when he finds out!" I yelled, alarmed.

     Jake shook his head. "He knows. He gave her a present. Calum said he saw her at the park that day, and she told him everything. It also scares me, because, he said he had a present for her and he got one back. Wonder what that means, geez," He said, laughing a bit.

     I smiled. I wasn't that interested in boys, but I could tell Jake was special, and a bit cute. I did not just say that. Shut up, Riley!!

     "Oh, it'll be even more sad, if he kissed her, then she left. I don't even know what got into her," I sighed sadly.

     "An idiot probably got into her. She's not thinking straight, that's what I know,"Jake joked. I laughed.

     Boys are, well, boys, but I have never met a boy - besides my big brothers - that can make me smile after I am devestated.

     Suddenly, Harry bursts into the room. He was happy, then suddenly shocked when he saw Jake.

     I stood up from the couch quickly. I think he was alarmed, since we were sitting so close, hands touching -ugh shut up, Riley!

     "Why is-" He started. I shut him up.

     "Eleanor said its fine. Now, tell me why your happy," I demanded.

     Harry hesitated, probably still unsure of having a boy in the house. I live with six pigs, why would another boy matter? Well Lilly isn't a boy, but she's a pig.