Ch23 : Big Idea

Chapter 23: Big Idea

[Edited: September 7, 2015]

(Riley's P.O.V)

It's been a whole week of school, and it's been okay. I could tell Lilly was getting annoyed, though. We met two friends the past week. Brooke, and Mary. I was scared we weren't going to find any real friends, but luckily we did.

It was Friday. Me and Lilly were sitting in math, bored out of our minds. Finally, the bell rang and we walked out. Lilly was once again, held back from Ms. Nami - or Lamey, as Lilly calls it - to get spoken to. She didn't even say a word today. I'm getting a bit suspicious about this. Waiting for her, I eavesdropped on their conversation. I know I'm nosy. Deal with it.

"I hate you. . ."

"I didn't do-"

"I will never have a girl like you exceed in my class. . ."

"I already. . ."

"Leave. Now, Lilly Tomson."

"That's not my last name!"

I gasped. Why does Ms. Nami hate her? I have to talk to Lilly about this. Seconds later, she walked out, looking furious. When she saw me, she changed it into a fake smile.

"Come on, let's go. We might be late," she said, rushing to her locker. I opened mine and got my science stuff ready. Closing my locker, I looked over at Lilly. She was just staring inside her locker. I walked to her side.

"You okay?" I asked, softly. She nodded, and replied, "Go to class, I can't find my books, but I'll meet you there. Tell Calum and Jake, too."

Hesitating, I made my way to Mrs. Broad's class. I'm so worried. What if she's late? Will she get in trouble? What about the boys? Questions spun around my head, but if I only knew, that those questions were not important at the time.

--------

It's been thirty minutes into class and Lilly never came in. I started getting very worried, and I could tell Calum was too. He was leaving the classroom every 3 minutes, looking for her.

"Mrs. Board, can I-" Calum started, ready to leave again.

"No, Calum, you've left too many times. You need to stay and learn." Mrs. Board said, calmly. Calum was about to protest, but I stopped him. He looked at me. "I'll do it."

I stood up and walked up to Mrs. Broad's desk. "Mrs. B, may I go to the bathroom?" I asked, kindly. She laughed and nodded. She said she loved my accent, since I used to live in Australia - although it was kind of disappearing.

Walking out into the empty hallway, I followed my 'sister instincts' and tried to find Lilly. After two minutes of searching, I couldn't find her. Thinking that she loves sports, I checked outside. Surprisingly, I found her sitting on the bleaches. I slowly walked towards her, not making a sound.

"I hate them. . . I hate them all. . . I've done nothing. . . yet, they hate me. . . I need a plan, a horrible perfect plan. . ." I heard her murmuring. I slowly stepped onto the bleachers, and she shot up.

Her face was emotionless, pale and blank. But her eyes showed everything. Anger, hatred, and. . . sadness.

"What?" She asked, infuriated. I stepped back a bit.

"Lilly, what's wrong? I don't care about you being late anymore, I just want to know why your acting like this," I explained. Lilly looked away.