Chapter 2

Gabrielle's P.O.V

I see a bright light. Where am I? Before I could answer the question my lung filled up with air and my heart started beating fast, I gasped for air and jolted awake. Niall was the first to come grab me and hug me. He put me down, they all hugged me.

"Guys....I....Can't.....Breathe." They all pull away Harry starts talking

"Baby were so sorry. We didn't know you couldnt swim. We thought you were kidding." He choked out I look around to see they all had tear streaked faces except for Zayn and Liam.

"It's ok I don't really tell anyone. I-I-I'm going to go take a shower and change. I'll be down in a liitle bit."  I run into the house and up the stairs into my bathroom. I take a quick ten minute shower feeling a little relaxed, I walked into the closet. I pick out white skinny jeans with rips in them, a teal v-neck and teal converse to match.I turn around to look in the mirror and began to cry at my reflection. I sink to the loor and loud sobs escape my mouth. They almost let me die. You can't trust anyone remeber that Gabs.

I don't know how I was in the closet crying but soon I feel two strong arms pick me up and put me on my bed. I look up to meet Zayn's eyes full of concern. 

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" 

"Nothing I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you guys."

"No Gabrielle were the lucky one's. Come on breakfast is ready even though it's already 12:36 Louis wouldn't take no for an answer. He wants to make you the best breakfast." He stood up and held out a hand to me I flinch. I look at the huge hand in front of me and I grab it feeling safe and secure. As we walked down the stairs I saw the guys in the living room. waiting for me.

Niall and Louis stand up and walk towards me when I reach the final step. I scoot closer to Zyan feeling safety. I don't know who I can trust but Zyan seems to be the one. Louis and Naill faces look like I just killed their puppy. I felt really bad. But saefty was key for me right now.

"Come on we have a suprise for you in the kitchen." Zayn say's as he leads me into the kitchen, I see the table covered with food. Holy hell. I sit between Zayn and Niall during breakfast Louis sits down a plate full of food. 

"I can't eat this" I whisper to Zayn

"Why what's wrong?" He asks looking panicked

"I've never eaten more than 1 granola bar at the orphanage."

"What?!?!" he shouts startling the other guys and me

"What's going on?" Harry asks

"Gabrielle has never had more than 1 granola bar a week." Zayn says quickly. I watch as all their mouths drop open.

"That can't be healthy. Why did you get only 1 granola bar?" Liam asks

"Ms. michaels hated me she wouldn't let me go outside, she always stuck me on chores, she would never let me out of my room. She fed everyone else 4 times a day but I was fed 1 time a week, she abused me, only me. She tortured me like the rest. I hated that hell hole. That's why I'm so thankful you guys adopted me. I don't get what I did wrong to any of them." I start to sob.Shit I'm losing it. Their all around me. Naill has me on his lap while Zayn rubs my knee.

"Gabrielle what do you mean she abused you?" Naill asks sternly

"She hit me for no reason when no one was around. She called me names, horrible names." I get off of Niall's lap and lift my shirt up to my rib cage to the scars.  I point to the yellow purple-ish bruise on my stomach

"She grabbed me by the hair and throw me on the floor the day you guys interviewed me. She kicked me when she heard me whimper. She told me no one wanted me because I was too much of a slut and a whore. All these bruises are from her." I lift the top of my sleeve to my shoulder. 

"These burn marks are cigarrette burns from every single adoption parent I had they used me physcailly and sexually. I never understood why though. I just can't help think I deserved it." I looked at the ground then at the boys to see tears rolling down their cheeks. They all came over to me and pulled me into their tight embrace. I felt secure and priceless. They finally pulled away and all gave me kisses on the cheek.

"Gabrielle we love you no matter what. You are our daughter and we will protect you from anything and anyone. You mean the world to us we would never hurt you. Don't you dare ever think you deserved it beacause you didn't do anything wrong to them to deserve that." Zayn says quietly. All the boys nod.

"I love you guys too." I say with a wide grin. It was true I loved these guys 

"Come on sit down and eat." I sat back down into my seat. I ate as much as I possiblily could meaning only one fourth of what was on the plate. I bring my plate over to the sink and sit back down. 

"We have a present for you." Liam says with a smile

"You guys didn't have to get me anything." But it's too late Liam is already headed towards a hall closet. He comes back with the huge box I saw earlier and sets it down on the table. I stare at the box.

"Open it." Louis says happily

I carefully take the bow off then I lift the lid. I can't believe they got me all of this.

Inside the box there are 5 boxes. The smallest one has a picture of some kind of phone but it said IPod Touch 5 the color was blue. The next one looked the same but it said IPhone 5s. The third had two cases one was a white IPod case the second one was a teal phone case but also a wallet. The fourth box was huge it had a picture of a computer on it. It was called a macbook ultra. The last one was and Ipad. I put everything on the table and run into their arms. All of them are smiling at me.

"Thank you, Thank you,Thank you. I love them." 

Liam is about to say something when his ringing phone cuts him off.

"Hello"

"Yea give us 10 mins"

"Lads we have to go'" Liam looks at the guys 

"Sorry Gabrielle we have to go but well be back in 3 hours tops. Your phone is already activated and our numbers are in it so call if you need us. Don't open the door and don't go outside" Zayn says They kiss me on the forhead and rush out the door.

I look around to see that no one has cleaned off the table. I learned how to cook and clean when I was 5 so it can't be that hard.