Chapter 29

Gabrielle's P.O.V

Today is Sunday september 12th and I am out shopping for Niall's birthday gift. I have been to 5 diffrent shops and none of them have what I have been lookig for. It's a cold day in London so I'm wearing black skinny jeans, a white v-neck with the nike logo written across it, red black and white nike high tops along with my white and red varsity jacket and a red Beanie which says Zayn's girl. It's obvious who bought it for me.  I spot a small shop and see the record through the window. I check the time on my phone. 5:20pm. Great I have an hour and a half to buy the gift and get it home without Niall seeing it. I head into the store to purchase the gift. I grab it off the window rack and walk towards the register. 

"50 pounds please."the man says

"5o?" I exclaim

"This is limited edition." I give in for Niall's happiness since he paid so much for mine as well. The man wraps the gift and I put it into my bag. Now I have to find my way home without being discovered by paparazzi. 

(1 Hour later)

I have been walking for an hour and haven't even come close to my street yet. My legs hurt and I'm hungry and thirsty. Niall would die if he was me right now. I chuckle at the thought, the lads should be home by now and are probably worried about me. I take out my phone and call all the boys but all their phones go straight to voice mail. They must be working late today.

 I continue walking and soon hear footsteps behind me, I whirl around to see paparazzi running towards me. I turn around and began running down the street but they are too fast. One catches up to me and grabs my backpack. I hit him really hard with my phone case and begin running again but another grabs my arm and then my hair.

I turn and bite his hand before running again, I run into an alley but trip and smash my knee really hard. I try to stand up but I can't feel my leg or move it. I crawl to the corner of the alley and watch the paprazzi run by. I sit up and see the blood spilling out of my knee. My breathing is getting rough from running too much. I take out my phone and look through my contacts until I come along the person I was looking for.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello" I hear the deep english accent and begin to cry. 

Ed's P.O.V

"Hello." I answer my phone not really bothering to look at the caller ID

"Ed?" I hear a faint voice and immediately recgonize it.

"Gabbie babe what's wrong?" I have concern in my voice

"I need help. I can't move." She sobs into the phone. I springe off the couch and grab my keys along with my jacket and slip on a pair of DC's and run out the door and ito the car with Gabbie still on the phone. 

"Gabs where are you?" I ask as I start the car and head down the street.

"In an alley in front of Elle's Bakery on Bradford ave." I tell she's having trouble breathing. Bradford ave is a mile away from my house it will take me 25 minutes to get there so I speed down the street.

"I'll be there in 10 minutes tops babe." 

"Please hurry." She quickly says and diconnects the call. 

I finally pull up to the alley and jump out of the car without turning it off or taking the key out, I see a trail of blood leading to the corner. I slowly walk to the corner and see Gabbie's lifeless body on the cold hard ground. There's blood urrounding her body ad oozing out of her leg. I quickly scoop her up and lay her in the back seat of my car I hop into the drivers seat and speed towards the hospital.

I pull into the hospital parking lot and hop out the car. This time I grab my keys and turn off the car before grabbing Gabbie and locking the doors. I run into the ER section and start screaming for help. A doctor and some nurses take Gabbie and lay her on a hospital bed and wheel her into a room but I wasn't allowed to go in.

(10 minutes later)

They have had her in the room for 10 minutes now and no one has told me what's going on. I sit in the waiting room with my head in my hands and wait for the doctor. 

"Gabrielle Tomlinson." I hear the doctor and stand up to walk towards him

"Are you family?" 

"Yes I'm her uncle."

"Ok  we got her breathing under control but she's unconcious from loosing so much blood. Well Gabbie had some screws in her knee which have loosened and moved out of place. We have to put her into emergency surgery but we need your signature here." He hands me a paper and I quickly sign it. He gives me a nod and heads back into a room.  

(5 minutes later)

They wheeled Gabbie into surgery 5 minutes ago when suddnely the doors burst open.

"Um Mr. Sheeran Gabbie is haveing some trouble breathing. That and the loss of blood is lowering her heart rate and even if we fix her knee she has a 50 percent chance of living. I'm very sorry." I fall to the ground and begin to sob. The doctor went back into the room and a realization hit me, I never called the boys. I take out my phone and click on Liams name.

Ring

Ring

Ring

Liam' P.O.V

We have been in the studio all day. I missed my girls. I turn on my phone to see 4 missed calls from Dani and a text as well. I click o the text.

From my love <3: Liam I'm sorry but I don't think it's going to work out between us. I have to focus on dance and you have to focus on the band and Gabbie as well. I'm sorry.

She broke up with me. 

I soon drop and begin to cry. The boys come to comfort me and I hear my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID and see it's Ed. I decline the call since I'm not in the mood. I continue to sob and the boys continue to confront me. Soon Zayn's phone rings.

"Hey Ed nows not a good time." He quickly says. We can her Ed speaking fast on the other end and Zayn zooms out of the room without a word. We all hop up and run after him, he runs out the studio and into the van.

"Zayn what's going on?" Niall asks as he gets into the back with Louis and Harry. I'm in the passenger seat while Zayn starts driving like a maniac. He looks pale like he's seen a ghost and there's worry in his eyes.

We soon arrive at the hospital within 5 minutes and Zayn runs in and we follow after him. We soon come face to face with a red eyed Ed sitting on the hospital floor sobbing.

"Ed what's going on?" NIall asks as we sit next to Ed and Zayn

"Gabbie called me around 7 and said she was in an alley. She couldn't move and needed help." He took a deep breath as our hitched in our throats. I was afraid of whatt was coming next.

"I went to pick her up and she was lying on the ground. There was blood around her and her knee was bleeding badly. I brought her here quickly, they said the screws in her knees loosened and she need surgery so I signed the paper a her Uncle. But the doctor ran out of the room five minutes later and said her asthma plus the amount of bllod she lost was slowing her heart down." He let out another sob and we were all full on sobbing now. 

"He said she had a 50% chance of living if they fixed her knee." We all gathered in a group hug and began sobbing uncontrolably. Our baby might die and we weren't there to help her. Can this day get any worse.