|5|

Mal whimpers and Jay pulls her towards him to hug her. She hugs him too and she clings to him. She doesn't even need to ask why they want to seperate them because she already knows. Because of their looks. Evie and Carlos came bounding into the house with smiles on their faces, until they saw Mal whimpering softly in Jay's arms. 

"The act's over. Mr. and Ms. Nosypants ruined it all!" Malificent wailed in protest. She stomped out of the room, and Mal wrapped her arms around Jay and buried her face in his shoulder. The 20 some people in the corner watched the four Islanders with curiousity. Malificent only seemed angry that they had figured out they weren't evil. Ben and Audrey stepped foreward and sat down on either side of Mal and Jay. Mal didn't flinch when Audrey put a hand on her arm. She didn't know what happened until Audrey pushed her. Audrey pushed hard so Mal fell out of Jay's grasp and into Ben's grasp. Mal tried to get back to Jay but Ben stood in her way. "Let me through!" Mal protested. 

"Tell me why you lied first!" Ben said holding Mal by her wrists. Mal shook her head and tried to quickly move around him. He stopped her again and kept asking her why they lied. "Just tell me! I just want to know why you hate us!" Ben yelled at Mal with anger, accidently digging his nails into her wrists. Mal started crying and Ben realized what he did. "Mal. I'm sor-" But it was no use Mal was gone. Evie started to get up but Jay stopped her. "Evie it's fine. I got this. Besides Carlos already followed her. Make sure they do anything they aren't supposed to." Evie nodded and Jay exited out the door at a sprint. 

Carlos was standing at the end of the street and he was looking up at a building. His face was pale and he turned when he saw Jay. "She went up there." Carlos said pointing up at the tall brick building. Jay nodded and he quickly scaled the side of the building. Mal was curled up in a ball in the middle of the roof. 

Jay walked on the tin roof over to Mal and he sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her relativily small frame. "What did we do to deserve this?" Mal said while crying. "I don't know Mal. I really don't know." He said and kissed the top of her head. 

"Mal? Ben is looking for you! He said he wants to talk to you." Evie's voice drifted up to the roof. Mal didn't move and Jay smiled. "Tell him Mal isn't quite in the mood to associate with anyone." Evie and Carlos mutter a conversation between each other and Evie calls back up, "Fine. I'll tell him that!" "Good!" Jay called back down. 

"Mal do you know what Malificent told me?" "No. What did she say?" Mal asked looking him in the eyes. Jay wiped the tears off of Mal's face and kissed her forehead. "She told me she'd tell me who my mom is and who your dad is." "Really?" Mal asked. Jay nodded. "Also, I just solved the mystery." "You solved a mystery?" Mal asked. "Yeah. Of why the Auradonians want to break us up." "Oh. Well, would you mind telling me what the answer is to this?" Mal said starting to smile. 

"They're jealous of me." Jay said grinning. Mal laughed and Jay laughed along with her. "As much as I believe that, tell me the truth." Mal said pulling the beanie off of Jay's head. Jay smiled and said, "Prince Ben is too selfish to deserve you." Jay said. Mal grinned and she said, "I can say the same thing about Audrey except she's worse if you ask me." "Agreed." Jay said and they laughed. 

Almost an hour later Mal and Jay came down off the roof and went back to Malificent's. When they walked through the doors Malificent sprang foreward and hugged Mal. Mal hugged her back and Malificent turned around and pointed at two people in the room talking to Ben and Audrey. "Who are they Mom?" Mal asked. "Your dad and Jay's mom."