|15|

Jay arrived back at the hotel right as the sun started setting. He ran to his room and shut the door. He pulled the box he got out of his pocket after checking to make sure Mal wasn't there. He put the box in his bag, and when he turned around to find the tv remote, he noticed Zevon on the floor. 

"Yo Zevon! What are you doing on the floor man?" Jay asked. Zevon's eyes fluttered open. He was still holding the picture of him Mal had drawn. Zevon sat up with Jay's help and Zevon ran his hand through his hair. 

"What happened? And why are you on my floor?" Jay asked sitting opposite Zevon. "Mal...Pool...Keys...Fuzzy..." Zevon said wincing in pain. "Mal lost the fuzzy keys to the pool?" Jay asked. Zevon shook his head. "Something happened to Mal, and I came looking for the pool keyes. I don't really remember why." Zevon said. 

"1 more question." Jay said. "Why are you holding a drawing of yourself?" "I found it in the nightstand." "The one that doesn't have you depicted as a devil?" Jay asked. "How'd you know?" Zevon asked. "Mal was pretty, well, pretty shattered. She doesn't even know you were under a spell. Drawing people as devils kind of takes away a little bit of pain for her." Jay explained. 

Zevon nodded. "Come on." Jay said standing up and pulling Zevon up with him. "Where's Mal at?" "My room. I think." Zevon said. "You must've hit your head if you can't remember where your own sister's at." Jay said. They got to Zevon's room and Jay opened the door. 

"Jay, finally you're back! Have any luck?"Hades asked. "Yes. I lucked out!" Jay said happily. Mal had wound herself into the covers of Zevon's bed and Malificent was sitting at the edge staring worridly at Mal. "What happened?" Jay asked walking over to Malificent. "I'm almost 100% sure that she was overpushed." "Oh. When did this happen?" Jay asked sitting on the opposite side of Mal. "A couple of minutes after you left." "And why was Zevon in my room looking for a set of fuzzy keys?" "Fuzzy keys?" Malificent asked. 

"Keys." Zevon said looking around. "He hit his head or something." Jay said. Malificent explained everything and then they proceeded to get Mal to the pool. "I thought you guys were sick." Jay said on the way down to Shawna and Zevon down. "My little sister is more important than some sickness." Zevon answered and strutted down the hallway dragging Shawna with him. 

Jay rolled his eyes and opened the door to his section of the pool with his key. Everyone's jaw dropped except for Jay's. He gently laid Mal down on one of the long lounge chairs. He stayed standing long after everyone had sat down. He stared intently at the waterslides and and the flowing water. "Jay. Jay!" Zevon yelled snapping him out of his thoughts. 

Jay turned back towards them and everyone was staring at him. "What?" Jay asked. "Jay, do you really care about Mal?" Zevon asked narrowing his eyes at him. "Are you literally kidding me?" "No." "Of course I care about Mal. I care about her a lot!" Jay said. "Are you sure about that?" "Of course I'm sure!" Jay cried. "Why are you asking this?" Jay asked. He didn't really like to be the center of attention at times like these. "I don't think you really care about my sister. Why were you gone today?" "I was out in town." "Doing what?" "Why is it any of your buisness?" "If it wasn't bad, say it." "Fine! I was out in town buying a ring for Mal. There, happy now?" Jay said and stomped across the room to stare out the window. 

"A ring? What do you mean by that?" Zevon asked. "What bit you?" Jay asked. "Nothing." Zevon said. "I beg to differ." Jay said. "That's it. You don't care about my sister. Get out." "Excuse me?" Jay said. "I said get out. Leave this dang hotel and don't come back." "I will not." "So now you're disobeying an elder?" "You're only 2 years older than me!" Jay argued. "LEAVE AND DON'T COME BACK!" Zevon screamed in anger. 

"Fine." Jay said. He tossed his pool keys on the floor and they skidded to a stop next to Hades. "But when Mal wakes up, and finds out you chased me away, she's going to hate you even more than she already does!" He slammed the door shut and Zevon sat down and it all sunk in. "What have I done?" He asked. Malificent didn't say anything. Hades picked up the key chain that had been tossed by his feet. "What should we do?" Hades asked. "I'll go talk to him." Zevon said standing up. "I'll come with you." Shawna said. 

Together they left to go find Jay. They searched everywhere in the hotel and came up with nothing. Days later, Jay still couldn't be found. When they checked Mal's room, all of his stuff was gone. "Mal's going to hate me." Zevon said 2 weeks later as he and Shawna sat by Mal's side down by the pool. "I just don't understand why you suddenly exploded at Jay. He really loves Mal and she loves him." Malificent said. She sighed and put her head in her hands. "You're tired aren't you mom." "Yes. But mostly because of you, I'm here next to my unconscious 15 year old daughter!" "Shh. Calm down." Hades said taking Malificent's hand. 

Malificent yanked her hand out of his grasp and left the room. Shawna excused herself as she was tired as well. "Now I know where Mal gets it." Hades said. "What do you mean?" "Mal's always taken after Malificent. The natural scary ways, the mood swings, and several other things. The thing she takes from Malificent the most is bottling up her emotions." "So that's why this happened?" "Basically. She didn't admit her emotions and this is what happened because of it." Hades said. "When will she wake up?" Zevon asked. "Should be soon." Hades said. 

As if on cue, Mal started to stir. Hades looked at Zevon and Zevon nodded, then took off running for Malificent and Shawna. When the three of them got back to the pool, Mal rubbed her eyes and sat up. She blinked and looked around. She stretched her arms out and stood up. Malificent pushed Zevon, Hades, and Shawna out of the way and hugged Mal with all her might. Mal hugged her back. "What happened?" She asked. "Let's go back to your room first." Malificent said. 

Getting back to her room, Mal looked around with worry in her eyes. "Where's Jay?" She asked sitting down on her bed. Malificent quickly changed the subject and told her everything that happened. She explained how Zevon had been under a spell, and that's when Zevon saw something under the tv. 

"Hey Mal, what's this?" Zevon asked. It was a thick orange envelope that had her name on the outside. Mal opened it and she pulled out a small black box and opened it up. "It's beautiful." She said. Inside was a ring. (Pictured below)

She then pulled out a piece of paper

She then pulled out a piece of paper. She unfolded it and read it. When she stopped she threw it down and their were tears in her eyes. "How could you? I thought everything was fine. ZEVON HOW COULD YOU CHASE HIM AWAY!" Mal screamed. She put the ring into her pocket and ran out of the room. Malificent went after her and Shawna and Zevon picked up the note Jay had left her. 

It explained everything that happened and the P.S. under his signature said, "You'll always have the key to my heart." Zevon sat down against the bed again and Shawna sat with him. "Shawna, what I have I done?"