|22|

Mal and Jay didn't leave each other's sides all day. At night Mal laid on the couch with Jay resting on her legs. As they watched tv Mal played with Jay's long hair. Mal was so focused in her thoughts that she didn't realize that Jay was asleep. Mal smiled and grabbed the blanket behind her and put it over Jay. She settled into the cusions and flipped around the channels on the tv. 

"Hey Mal? Can we talk?" A voice quietly said. Mal looked around to see Zevon. "I guess." Mal said. She set the remote down and looked at Zevon who took a seat on the floor in front of her. "I'm a big jerk." "I'm sorry what?" Mal said staring down at him. "I said I'm a big jerk for not trusting you." "Took you long enough." Mal said. "I was wondering when you would come to your senses and believe me." "How did you know?" Zevon asked. "Magic. I just know these things." Mal said turning back to the tv. "Will you forgive me?" "I already did. I was just waiting for you to say those words." Mal said smiling. 

"So we're siblings again?" "Always." Mal said. Zevon stood up and hugged her trying not to hit Jay. He told her goodnight which Mal returned and Zevon went up to his room. Carlos was waiting there and he asked how it went. "Good. She forgave me." "That's good." Carlos said. "What's bugging you?" Zevon asked sensing the tension in the room coming from Carlos. "It's Evie." "What about her?" 

"I feel like we're drifting apart. I know Mal would know what to do, but I don't want to make her or Jay worry any longer after what they've been through." "I understand Carlos, but why come to me?" "Because you're the next best person. You've been in love before." "That was until I found out she spelled me to get rid of my little sister." "Touche." Carlos said. 

"I just don't know what to do. I've tried talking to her, giving her her favorite flowers some red roses." "Her favorite flowers aren't roses. They're blue tulips." "No they're not. She told me last week that roses were her favorite. She also has drawings of roses all over her room." "I'm telling you Evie's favorite flower is Blue Tulips." "Okay, so I tried asking her as well but she doesn't answer. I gave her chocolate-" "What kind of chocolate?" "Milk Chocolate." "She hates milk chocolate." Zevon said. 

"How do you know so much about my girlfriend? There are 3 options here. 1, I didn't pay attention. 2, Evie told me something different from the truth. Or option 3, which is you're getting too close to my girlfriend." Carlos said. "Let's go with reason 1." Zevon said. "This is unbelievable!" Carlos screamed. 

He stormed out of Zevon's room and slammed his bedroom door behind him. Zevon shrugged and shut his door as well. The next morning Zevon woke up and immediatly went downstairs to get breakfast. Carlos was slumped in his chair against the wall glaring into his cereal bowl. Evie was leaning against the counter top giving Carlos a concerned look. Mal and Jay were on the couch and Mal was leaning back against Jay's chest. 

"Hey Evie." Zevon said greeting her. "Oh, hey Zevon." Evie said smiling. "What's wrong with Carlos?" Evie whispered to him. Carlos bit his lip trying to keep from screaming but seeing Evie and Zevon whisper to each other and smile made him even madder. He let out a scream and stomped into the living room slamming the french doors shut, locking them, and closing the curtains. "Zevon, what happened last night? I heard doors slamming last night." Evie asked. Carlos watched them from behind the curtains and heard their conversation. 

"It was nothing. I was just confusing Carlos with your likes." "What do you mean?" "I told him that your favorite flowers were blue tulips and that you hate milk chocolate." Zevon said. "Good. He can't find out just yet." Evie said grinning. Carlos didn't know that she was planning a surprise for their 3rd year together as a couple. Little did Evie know Zevon was going to do something he'd been wishing to do for a long time. He stepped foreward and planted a kiss on Evie's lips. Carlos didn't stick around to see anymore. He let go of the curtains and tears rolled down his face.