|14|

Zevon shot out of his bed, not caring that he was sick and should be resting. He knelt down by Mal's side and gently pulled her onto his lap. "Mal?" He asked. "She's out cold." Hades said. Zevon jumped, "Dad, I thought I asked you to stop doing that!" "Doing what?" "Doing your creepy death talk thing." Zevon said. "At least she isn't dead." Hades said. Zevon rolled his eyes and sqeezed his younger sister's hand. 

"What should we do?" "Well, obviously not tell your mom, otherwise-crap." Hades said as Malificent burst the door open. "I heard my name being spoken." She broadly said. "Mom, we didn't say Malificent." "Fine. But you did just now." Malificent said. Then she noticed Mal's collapsed figure. "Where's Jay at?" Hades asked. "I don't know. He said he had to run into for a bit and said he'd be back before nightfall." Malificent said kneeling down next to Zevon and Mal. 

Mal started shaking, and then it followed by her starting to shriek in her slumber. Malificent placed her hand on her forehead and shook her head. "This isn't good." She said standing up. She and Hades started muttering back and forth together. Zevon stood up and set Mal onto his bed and sat down next to her. She continued to shake and Zevon squeezed her hand again.

"Mom, what's going on with Mal?" Zevon asked. Malificent stopped talking and for almost a minute, silence filled the air. "Nothing serious. She'll wake up in an hour or so." Malificent said and continued her conversation with Hades. Zevon didn't believe her. He suddenly had a flashback from when he was in grade school back on the Isle. Reading a book at the library about Magic. 

"Mal won't wake up in an hour." Zevon said. Malificent shut her eyes. "Zevon." Malificent said. "No. Tell me. Everything. Explain this to all of me." Zevon said standing up standing his ground. Malificent sighed and put fingers to her temples. She sighed and took a deep breath. "Zevon, she was overpushed." "What does that mean?" "If a Fairy, or a Fairy Descendant, gets overpushed it means they were overpushed. Mal had bottled up all of her emotions and the anger she had channeled this." "I still don't get it." Zevon said. 

"Basically it means she was stressed out and she got pushed over the edge from her hidden emotions and when you told her you'd been spelled it caused all of it to come crashing down." Hades said. "Which makes a Fairy or Fairy Descendant the victim of an overpush." Malificent weakly nodded. 

"How do they get out of an overpush?" Zevon asked. "Well, the only cased I've ever seen, they come out of it once they feel at peace and in a place of calm with people they love." "How do we do that?" Zevon asked. Malificent slapped Hades's head. "What was that for?" He asked sounding annoyed. "For giving Zevon your braindead genes that makes him ask all these dumb questions!" 

"So you're saying that we have to get Mal to a calm place that she's comfortable in, with the people she loves so her brain can calm down?" Zevon asked. "Obvisouly." Malificent said snorting. "So, where should we put her?" Hades asked. Malificent rolled her eyes. "The Isle would be the obivous place, but since we really aren't supposed to... I suggest a place where she always relaxes at." "How about a room filled with art?" Zevon suggested. "I was thinking her pool room that she and Jay have. She put all of her art there in a safe place and swimming, which is one of her favorite things is there." "What about Jay?" Hades asked. "Someone can keep an eye out for him, and when he gets back to go to their pool room." Zevon said. 

"That's a good plan and all, but there's one problem." Malificent said. "Anyone know where Mal keeps her key?" No one answered her. "What about her room?" Zevon suggested. "You go check. If she does wake up while you're gone, I don't think you're the first person to see on her list since she doesn't know the full story of you getting spelled." Malificent said. 

Zevon reluctantly nodded and walked out of his room to Mal's room. He opened the door and thankfully no one was inside. He opened all of the drawers under the tv, and they were full of Mal's clothes, and Jay were on the otherside of the drawers. He moved on and he checked the nightstands. 

Inside one of them, he saw something that struck his heart. It was a newly drawn picture of Shawna, Jay, Zevon, Hades, Malificent, Evie, and Carlos. The only part that made his heart ache, was the fact that everyone had symbols over their heads and some on their faces. Jay had a heart over his head. Mal had dragon wings attached to her back, Evie had an apple, Carlos a dalmation, Malificent a black dragon, and Hades had a pomulgrante. Shawna had devil's horns painted on her had and a devil's fork in one hand and in the other she wielded a red ball of magic. Zevon was depicted the same way, except he had a forked tail, toughe, and an evil grin on his face. Above his head there was a little sybol of a cracked heart. 

Then he noticed another drawing. It was the same exact picture except Zevon and Shawna had big red x's over their bodies. Zevon flung them aside and when he reached the bottom of the drawer, he saw a drawing of him, but nothing else was drawn in to make him look like a devil. Inside, it was just normal him, the day he left to go build people's homes and other various things. He saw words and flipped the drawing over. 

There was a written message on it. Zevon quickly read it and his heart stung even more. Suddenly, he knew why Mal had been acting so wierd the day he left. At the time Mal didn't have Jay, and Zevon was the only one she had that was around her age. Zevon, who was in a rush started running back to his room, and smashed right into the wall in front of him. 

As he fell onto the floor, a flashback from his past played in his mind. Mal was 4 at the time and Zevon was 8. Mal was running around inside their house and Malificent had left Zevon in charge until she came back from getting food from main street. 

Some people were still bad on the Isle, and two of those people really wanted a child of their own. When they saw Malificent had left, they broke into her house to take Mal. Mal ran around Zevon chasing after the stray dog she found a week ago. She giggled and then she saw the two people in her house. They held fingers up to their mouths to try to shush her but she shrieked and ran back to Zevon and clutching to his leg. 

Zevon noticed the man and woman in the corner. He picked up the tiny Mal and ran into the bathroom and locked it. He pulled out his phone and he called his next door neighbor, who just happened to be Gaston. Zevon pulled Mal close to him and hugged her and didn't let go until Malificent came into the bathroom. 

Gaston had told Malificent what had happened, and as Zevon hit the floor, he understood why Mal felt hurt when he was under a spell. She felt protected by him, and him being under a spell, hurt Mal more than he imagined.