|18|

The next morning Mal woke up in her bed and Suicide Squad, the movie they were watching last night was replaying. Mal looked around and saw Carlos in the other bed asleep. Evie was standing by the tv intently watching the movie. "Why are you in my room in place of my boyfriend?" Mal asked. "He went to get McDonald's. Jay said it was really good and you were still asleep and he didn't want to wake you." Evie said. 

As if on cue Jay came through the door bearing 2 bags with a golden M on the cover. "I got McDonald's!" Jay called. Evie ran over to Jay and tore after one of the bags. "I'm hungry!" Evie whined as she pulled out some pancakes. 

Mal shook Carlos awake and told him Jay had food. He and Evie dug into their food and Mal sighed. She said she'd be back and left the room. Jay remembered what Carlos had told him yesterday that Mal didn't eat most of the time and Jay excused himself as well and walked out of the room after Mal. He found her on the roof and she was dangling her legs off the roof. 

"Mal?" Jay asked. "Hey Jay." Mal said and turned back to look at Auradon City. Jay sat next to her and he took her hand. "Mal, what's wrong?" He asked. "What's the point?" Mal asked. "The point of what?" Jay asked softly. "Of life. Nobody loves me even though I love them." "Are you talking about your family?" Mal nodded and she held back tears. 

"We can find a way to fix the damage-" Jay started but Mal looked him the eyes and shook her head. "Jay, look around. This building alone is full of heartbreak and betrayal." "What are you getting at?" "I'm saying I'm going to leave." As she stood up. "Mal...no!" Jay exclaimed as he realized what Mal was saying. "There's no other choice Jay." Mal said sadly and Jay jumped up and pulled her away from the edge. "Mal, I can't let you do it." He said. Mal was crying now and Jay held her tight in his embrace. 

Jay pressed his lips to her forehead and didn't let go. After Jay got Mal securely into her room, he went in search of his things. He easily located them and he ran back to his room as fast as possible. Mal was still on her bed and she was curled up by her pillow. "Mal, I have an idea." Jay said sitting down next to her. She looked up hesitantly and Jay finished, "How about we leave Auradon City?" "You'd do that?" Mal asked. "Of course I would Mal." "But, you love it here and everyone loves you and..." "Mal, stop. I would do anything for you, and I know deep down you'd do the same for me." "Yeah, I guess but wouldn't you..." "Shh. Mal, I already made up my mind. If you left, we'd both be miserable. If we left together, we'd be together, in peace." 

Mal looked him in the eyes again and she hugged him with all her might. They planned to leave that night and they'd tell only Carlos and Evie. "Where will we go?" Mal asked. "There's this place called Corona that might be nice." "How far away is it?" "From Auradon City it's about 2,000 miles away." "Perfect. The farther away the better." Mal said. 

After dinner, Jay and Mal pulled Evie and Carlos away to their room to talk. They both explained everything and how they were leaving. "What? Why?" "Evie, it's too serious to talk about right here." "Jay, we're your best friends. We deserve a right to know." Evie shouted. "Fine. It's because if we don't leave, Mal will keep trying to jump off the roof." Jay said angrily. "That's why we're leaving. Honestly, Shawna caused this whole mess and everyone in Mal's family is too stupid to realize it. It would be best if we leave so Mal can be happy again." "Besides, as soon as the Isle is better we can all live together again." Mal added. 

"I'm coming with you guys." Carlos said. "Carlos!" Evie shrieked. "Not forever. Just to help them get settled in their new life first. Just in case we want to visit them or can't stand it here in Auradon City, we can move out there and we know where they live." "Okay, but we have to hurry. It's almost midnight which is exactly when we should leave." Jay said pulling his backpack over his shoulder.

Mal had casted a spell to make his backpack fit everything as well as hers too. The spell was similar to the one Hermione Granger had used in Harry Potter to expand her purse. Carlos hugged Evie goodbye and kissed her. She kissed him back and Mal and Jay both gagged sarcastically. 

"I'll see you soon Evie." Carlos said. Evie hugged Jay and Mal and her hugged for almost 5 minutes until Evie pulled away. "You better call me everyday." "I will. As long as you answer I'll call you forever." Mal said and with that, Jay, Mal, and Carlos left the room to go to Corona. 

Evie watched them climb into an uber car on the street below from her bedroom window. She fell asleep on her bed missing her best friends already. She went down to breakfast by herself and she acted confused and surprised to see Carlos, Mal, and Jay gone. "Where are the others?" Zevon asked. "I don't know. I woke up this morning and Carlos wasn't there. I checked Mal and Jay's room to see if he was there, but all three of them are missing." Evie said. 

"We should find them soon." "Why? What if they're just out on a walk and forgot to leave a note?" Evie asked. "Just in case Mal tries to get away again." "But Jay's back, so wouldn't that mean she doesn't want to leave." "Still, we haven't been on her good side lately and we want to apologize." Zevon said. 

A week later Carlos appeared. "What took you so long?" Evie asked Carlos after she kissed him hello. "Sneaking in. That's what." Carlos answered. "How is Mal doing?" "She's fine. The minute she got in their HUGE house, I mean HUGE, she immediatly started smiling and some emotion actually showed in her expression. I'll show you a picture of their house. It's pretty legit." Carlos said. (Picture below)

"Jeez! How'd they end up scoring that place?" Evie asked

"Jeez! How'd they end up scoring that place?" Evie asked. Jay said he ended up getting it because he mom is Princess Jasmine and she actually was there along with Aladdin and they got him the house because they felt bad and they were really sorry for leaving him with his dad. The thing is, Jafar is actually nice, but just not to Auradonians." "We should definetly visit their house very soon." Evie said. 

"I can call and ask Mal. She and Jay both picked up new Iphones so they can't be tracked to Corona." "How are we going to get past Malificent and her crew though?" Evie asked excitely. "We can say we're going to visit that measuem by Auradon Prep." Carlos said. "I can't wait. Can we call now?"