|11|

Jay was next to Mal a few feet away from Zevon and Shawna and Mal was curled up in a ball again and he was hugging her and stroking her hair. They could see everything, but they couldn't hear anything they were saying. They watched for a while, until they heard Malificent and Hades calling them. 

"Where is Mal?" Malificent asked. "On the roof." "Alone?" She asked. Zevon shook his head. "She's with Jay." Shawna said. "Come on Zevon. I'll play you a song on the piano." Shawna said dragging Zevon down the stairs to the piano. "Come on Malificent. Mal and Jay will come down sooner or later." Hades said pulling her away. Malificent reluctantly let him drag her away. Downstairs, Beast and Belle had agreed to put some aspects from the Isle in to make it feel like home until they could actually go home. 

Which is exactly why there was a grand piano on Zevon's floor. Shawna started playing and Zevon leaned against the piano and listened to her. Shawna didn't even hear or see Mal until she was sprawled out on the floor. "Shawna!" Zevon yelled completly ignoring Mal's fallen figure. "Mal, you ought to be more careful." Zevon said helping Shawna stand up. "Yeah! Zevon, when you told me you had a little sister, I didn't expect her to be such an ugly, stupid,clutz." Mal bit her lip to avoid crying. 

Her face scrunched up and she started walking away. Shawna grabbed her wrist and yanked her back. Mal fell to the floor again and her wrist got caught on the piano. "Next time, you apologize when you knock me over." Shawna said and pushed Mal back over again. Mal untangled her wrist and saw that it was bleeding a lot.

She stood back up and looked at Zevon. "Mal, I-" He started but Mal turned away and walked down the hall. "Mal?" Zevon asked with a hurt voice, but she didn't turn back. Jay came walking past and the older boy grabbed his arm. "Hi Zevon." Jay said. "What's wrong with Mal?" "Nothing is wrong with Mal." He said and yanked his arm out of Zevon's grasp and followed Mal down the hallway. 

"What's wrong with everybody today?" He asked. Jay turned around and glared at Zevon. "You should know. You're part of the reason why Mal is so emotional in your words." He said and spun on his heel into Mal's room. Malificent came out of her room. "Is Mal here?" She asked. "In her room with Jay." Zevon said turning away. "Don't leave. We all need to talk in the family room." "Great. I'll meet you guys in the family room." Shawna said. "Shawna, I'm sorry. This is for family. As in my family." "Then how come Jay gets to come?" "Because he is helping solving this problem." Malificent said sternly. 

"Fine. I'll go downstairs and fine something to do." Shawna said and stalked off. "Hades!" Malificent called. He appeared next to her in an instant. She knocked on Mal's door and inside Mal and Jay were watching tv. Jay had his arms wrapped around Mal and she was leaning into his chest.

"Mal, Jay can you please come with us?" Malificent asked. Mal silently stood up and Jay followed her out of the room. Malificent and Hades led everyone to what Beast had labeled as the family room. "Everybody sit." Malificent ordered. Mal and Jay sat on the couch, Zevon sat on a recliner, and Malificent and Hades sat down on another couch. 

"Okay, can we all agree there's a problem running through this family?" Malificent asked. Everyone nodded. "Can anyone bother to explain this problem?" Hades asked. Mal looked away at the question. "Mal, do you want to explain why this problem affects you the most?" Malificent asked. 

Zevon's mouth fell open. "Mal has a problem? How come I didn't know?" He asked. "If you would've acted like an older brother you would've noticed by now!" Malificent said. "How am I supposed to know everything? I'm always out building things for people all the time to rarely see any of you!" Zevon argued. "That's exactly why." Mal said softely. 

"Mal, speak up. We can't help you unless you speak up." Malificent said. Mal didn't answer for a few moments. "I said, that's exactly why I have a problem." She said. "Why?" "Because Zevon's gone all the time." "What else Mal? I know there's way more to this problem." Malificent said. "Everything's changing. First Zevon leaves for long periods of time. Then the Auradonians invade our homeland and we have to act all mean and ruthless. They insult me, spy on me, and countless other things. They keep trying to take me and Jay away from each other." Mal said. 

"When Zevon came back I was so happy. I thought since everyone had what they needed, Zevon would stay for a while. The Nerf war was great even though I didn't win because I got to spend time with my older brother. Then when I was alone, Harry decided I was a weakling and since I was sad he could toy with my emotions and kiss me twice." Mal said. Jay curled his hand around hers and she gave him a sideways smile only he could see. 

"Then I find out we have to move and leave our home behind because of some tree disease. Then I find out Zevon has a financee and that he's going to get married, move away, and have kids. I walk past and Shawna thinks I'm nothing but an ugly, stupid, clutz!"