|9|

"Oh yeah?" Audrey asked. "Yeah." Mal said putting her hands on her hips. "Prove it." Audrey said. "Oh Audrey I don't really think this is nessesary." Ben said. "Yeah. Listen to blueboy." Mal said. "Hey!" Ben protested. "You had it coming wearing all that blue. Anyways, you know you aren't aloud in here." "So? You've been acting secretive too." Audrey accused. "At least it was for a good cause." Mal said. "At least I have two parents that both love me and have enough control over me to not go and do stupid things!" Audrey shrieked. 

That struck one of Mal's nerves. Mal's face stayed the same except for the fact her lip started quivering. Audrey realized what she said and she said, "No Mal I didn't mean it." "Sure you didn't." Mal said. "My mom was nice enough to let all of you bombard into our homeland even though she hated the fact that you and your family was coming. SHE WAS NICE TO YOU AND YOU STILL REFUSE TO BE NICE TO US!" Mal screamed. 

She would have kept going except Jay pulled her out and down the stairs into the living room. Zevon had somehow disapeared before this happened and they didn't know where he went. When they sat down on the couch Mal couldn't hold her tears back in anymore. She put her head in her hands and cried. "I feel so terrible." She said as Jay hugged her. 

"You shouldn't. That remark Audrey made was a hit close to home. You were just doing the right thing." Jay said. "Then why do I feel so terrible?" Mal asked. Audrey and Ben watched them and heard their entire conversation. "I don't get what was so wrong about my remark. I mean come on. I barely said anything hurtful. Mal has parents and a secret older brother. How was I supposed to know?" Audrey asked. 

It was almost a week later when Audrey finally confronted Mal. Mal was going to go down to the beach when Audrey stopped her. "Mal, can we talk?" Audrey asked the younger teenager. "Fine." Mal said without emotion. They sat down and Audrey said, "Why are you always so cranky?" Mal stood back up again, "I knew it was a wrong choice to give you another chance. Why don't you get it Audrey? You aren't being what people call nice." Mal said and slammed the door on the way out. 

She sat down on the edge of the beach and started sketching the water, docks, and the huge pirate ships that she and her posse of nerf gang hosted nerf wars. Mal started thinking about how rude Audrey was and how she didn't know how to react to the bottled emotions she felt. She didn't even realize someone was next to her until he reached out to tap her hand. She jumped, startled and then she realized it was just Harry. "Hey Harry." She said. 

"Hi Mal. What are you drawing?" He asked. She showed him the drawing and he smiled. "What are you doing down here?" She asked. "I was bored. Too many women in my house at once without any guys." Harry said. Mal laughed, "but you're here sitting next to me and I'm a woman." "Well I don't think of you as a woman." "So I'm a man to you?" Mal asked. "No. I just think of you as you. I get the feeling that you aren't either of those." "Well duh I'm not a man." Mal said gently slapping his shoulder. 

"Well, what do you refer to yourself then?" Harry asked. "I've always been Zevon's little sister." "Oh yeah. Speaking of Zevon isn't Shawna amazing on the piano?" "Who's Shawna?" Mal asked. "Uh, nevermind. Want to go swimming." "Fine." Mal said. She set her stuff on top of the rock wall that sprouted out of the sand. "Let's dive off from up there!" Mal exclaimed and pointed up at the top of the hill which led to a waterfall which off to one side you could dive off of. Mal and Harry hiked up to the hill and over to where they would dive off of. (Sort of like this)

"Are you sure about this Mal?" Harry asked sounding worried

"Are you sure about this Mal?" Harry asked sounding worried. "Yes, and if you're scared you don't have to dive. You can just jump if you want." Mal said setting her hand on Harry's shoulder. Harry smiled, "Okay." He said. He stepped foreward and jumped splashing at the bottom with a cannonball. Mal smiled as Harry surfaced. She backed up and took a running leap. She jumped off the edge and did a swan dive and drifted into the water. 

She swam back up to the surface. Harry grinned and said, "Show-off." "But I'm not afraid." Mal said taunting him. They started swimming and after a while Harry and Mal agreed they were done since it was getting dark. They swam toward the shore and climbed out of the water. Mal wrapped her towel around her and she handed Harry his as he followed her out of the water. "Thanks." He said wrapping it around his shoulders. "Harry!" Mal gasped pointing at his shoulder. It was cut and it was bleeding. "Oh. I wonder how that got there." Harry said. 

"Come here. I can fix it." Mal said. "What are you a doctor?" Harry teased. "No. But I always carry around an emergency first aid kit." Mal said pulling it out of a hidden pocket in her towel. "Of course you do." Harry said sitting next to Mal. She bandaged it and stood up. She put the first aid kit away in her towel and accidently tripped over Harry's foot. He caught her and for a minute neither of them moved. Suddenly Harry broke the silence and kissed Mal on the lips. Mal was so shocked at first but she realized what was happening and struggled to push him away. Once she did she looked at Harry with sadness. "Why would you do that Harry?" Harry just shrugged. She started to walk away but he grabbed her hand and spun her around and kissed her again. She tried with all of her might to push him away but he let her go. She heard a camera click and she whipped around to see Audrey and Ben there. 

She turned and ran the other way toward's Malificent's house as fast as she could.