|17|

Jay smiled and Mal ran forward. She hugged him and he hugged her back. Meanwhile downstairs everyone agreed after watching a movie in Zevon's room, they'd go and check on Mal. They watched the movie It and Shawna clung to him the whole time. She was the only one that wasn't a villan or raised by a villan. "Should we check on Mal?" Zevon asked. Malificent nodded, and everyone followed her to Mal's room. 

"Mal?" Malificent asked. She opened the door and they walked in and everyone gasped. "Jay?" Evie asked. "Shh. He's asleep." Mal said. Mal was sitting on her bed and Jay had his head on her lap and he was indeed asleep. Mal had the tv going and she was watching the news. "We can go home soon." Carlos said as he sat down on the other bed. 

Mal nodded and she smiled. Malificent pulled Hades out of the room. "Hades, what's gotten into Mal? She's changed ever since the Auradonians came to the Isle." "Do you blame her?" Hades asked. "What do you mean?" "Mal's always strong but all of this just came onto her and no one taught her how to handle it. Zevon left at the time when she needed him, those two Auradonians pressured her, spyed on her, and even worse basically stalked her. That Harry guy kissed her twice against her will, she had to leave her one home behind and come live here. If scientists don't fix the problem, she knew we'd have to be here. Zevon came back and announced he had a fiancee, and Mal knew that meant Zevon would move away and have his own kids and he wouldn't love her anymore. And the worst thing, she almost killed herself to have her normal life back." 

"You may have a point." "Malificent, you know I'm right." "I know. What should we do to fix this?" "Probably get rid of Shawna." "WHAT?" Zevon said. He had come out to join them and had thankfully shut the door after him. "Yes Zevon. I think Shawna around was the last straw on Mal's part before the dam in her heart got overflowed." "You have the strangest ways of talking." Malificent said. Hades just shrugged. 

"But this isn't Shawna's fault." Zevon said. "Actually, some of it is." "Dad, Shawna's awesome! She's the best woman in the world!" "That's what you said to Mal right before you took off and never saw her again for practically 8 years!" (IDK if that's actually the time, I just don't have the energy at the moment to go and find the answer) "What's your point dad?" "My point is simple. Without Jay, Mal would have broken a long time ago! Zevon she loves you and she feels like you hate her now because of everything that happened!" "Maybe that's the truth." Shawna's voice rang out. 

"Listen, this conversation isn't any of your buisness." Hades said. "But dad it is! Shawna and I are getting married so she can take part in our family conversations!" Zevon shouted. Hades rolled his eyes. "You were always the one to have a big mouth even since you were little!" "Why are you so concerned about Mal anyways? You weren't even around when we were growing up!" Zevon shouted back at Hades. 

"You shouldn't shout at Hades Zevon." Malificent scolded him. "Why not?" "Because he still is the operator of the Underworld and he could trap you down there forever." Malificent said. Mal, Evie, and Carlos heard everything they were sighing and Mal finally had enough. She carefully slid out of her bed and gently laid Jay back down. 

She walked over and opened the door. She waited until her family noticed her and she crossed her arms. "I'm going to say some things I've been wanted to say for a long time. Zevon, you just don't get it do you?" "What am I supposed to get?" Zevon asked. "You just don't get everything that's happening. You were spelled for 1 reason and one reason only. You're even spelled right now." "What are you talking about?" 

"Zevon, you know I love you but you're an idiot." Mal said. "Shawna spelled you. She spelled you to get me out of the picture. To hurt me so I'd never forgive you and that's exactly what happened. She knew how much you cared about me and she was jealous. She wanted you all to herself and she wouldn't stop at anything to get it." 

"What, no she didn't!" "Then why is she running down the hallway?" Mal asked she crossed her arms and reatreated back into her room. Jay was awake now after all the shouting and Mal melted into him as he wrapped his arms around her. "Please don't leave again. Don't ever leave again. Please." Mal said into Jay's chest. Jay kissed the top of her head and he said, "Never. Never again will I leave. At least not without you." "Excuse me, but if you two don't stop I'm going to barf." Evie said. 

"You are like this with Carlos all the time!" Mal argued. "I know. Come on Carlos." "Where are we going?" "Remember? We have to go and...organize our room." "No we don't." Evie elbowed him in the stomach. "Oh right." Carlos said and they said bye, and walked to their room, shutting the door behind them. 

After dinner Mal and Jay decided they'd have a movie night. Jay shut off the lights and put in the movie. Mal leaned into Jay's chest and Jay wrapped his arms around her. Halfway through the movie Mal yawned and her eyelids drooped. Jay kissed her forehead and Mal whispered, "I love you Jay." "I love you too Mal." 

Mal drifted off in slumber and Jay smiled. He couldn't believe that he ever left in the first place. He noticed Mal had on the ring he had gotten her. His smile got larger and Carlos's head appeared from their connecting door. "Hey Jay. Just checking on Mal." "What went down when I was gone?" "After you left and Mal woke up, Mal found out about everything and refused to come out of her room. She didn't eat, she rarely talked, and when she did it was because someone was yelling at her." Carlos said quietly. "She really missed you Jay. I've never seen someone with so much desperation to find the one she loves. She tried to escape to find you, but Malificent had to use all of her strength to keep her in the hotel." 

"Wow." "Yeah. Jay, she wanted to find you so badly she once even tried to climb out of the side of the building and we're 7 floors up." Jay looked down at Mal and she had a relaxed look on her face. "I should've come back sooner." "Why did you leave in the first place?" Carlos asked. "Zevon. I shouldn't have even listened to him, but Zevon seemed so, controlling." "Because he's under a spell. Shawna put him under a spell to try and drive Mal out of Zevon's life and it almost worked."