Chapter 2 Edited

Chapter 2 Edited

Following the man that Lucy now new as Axal-Sensei, around as he showed her where everything was and the spare room that she would be staying in. Axal-Sensei said that she could live with him as payment for the apprenticeship. Telling her of the schedule and her workload for each morning as he walked on, trying to memorise where everything was and what he was saying, Lucy couldn't help but think that the workload was a lot for a six-year-old but she didn't think it would be easy.

"You will wake up before dawn every morning and fill up the scrap metal crate ready for it to be melted down and reshaped. You will preheat the forge, clean the tools and set them up before I wake up. You will also be organising and putting away the weapons. Lastly, you will be cleaning anything in the store that needs to be cleaned until your lunch break." Axal-Sensei never stopped talking as he walked and Lucy made a mental note of everything he said before silently giving the information to Crux in case she forgot, she asked Horologium to set up an alarm and asked him to estimate how much time each task should take in her current condition.

Axal-Sensei stopped walking when they reached the shop and turned to her, "how much do you know about weapons?" He asked her,

"You just saw it," Lucy said cheekily, Axal-Sensei sighed and started mumbling under his breath.

"Okay looks like I'm going to have to spend time teaching you about them before you can start making them. I'll give you rundown on each weapon in the shop and I want you to memorise everything before the end of the month." Lucy made a mental note about it to Crux and swallowed loudly because Horologium just told her that the end of the month is two and a half weeks away.

The old man smirked at her nervous form, "You can always quit kid," he pointed out, "you'll be back on the streets if you can't memorise everything anyway." He added just to see her start sweating, never having known anything about weapons except for what Sagittarius taught her. 'I really should have asked Erza to teach me when I had the chance'. Lucy thought to herself.

"You will have two hours after dinner for free time but then you'll have to clean and pack everything away." Axal-Sensei finished explaining before walking towards where the dining room was. There was no lounge room but there really was no need for one with all of the work that needed to be done.

Walking her towards her room he looked at her again before continuing, "If you can remember everything about the weapons by the end of the month you can decorate this room however you like, you can even paint it." He stated although he looked doubtful, Lucy nodded anyway and ignored the look, she knew she could do it but she was going to have to cheat a little and use some magic.

After making the bed in her new room Lucy started dusting and cleaning the room top to bottom. It was full of dust and looked like no one had ever used it before. Deciding against asking Virgo for help no matter how tempting Lucy could only communicate with her spirits until she trained more so that they could help her without being seen. Touching Horologium key and realised that she still had an hour until Axal-Sensei said to meet him in the workshop Lucy asked Crux to gather as much information about weapon making as he could and to be ready to take in as much information as possible for when Axal-Sensei explains. Lucy also contacted Gemini and asked if they could copy Axal-Sensei when he goes to sleep so that the information can be repeated if necessary.

Smiling at the thought of her best information gathering spirits and how willingly they were to help her get back to fairytail. Walking down to the shop once again and started looking around at all of the weapons admiring all of the designs and the variation in them. A triangularly shaped knife, similar to the one that Axal-Sensei was sharpening yesterday stood out to her.