Chapter 11 Edited

Chapter 11 edited

Lucy was breathing deeply as she dodged another attack from Yamato and prepared an attack of her own, they had been going back and forth for a few hours now. Yamato had only shown a few different wood style techniques but Lucy thinks she understands how it works.

Lucy knew that she wouldn't be able to go on much longer and she needed to replenish her chakra or she won't make it to the tower. Lucy started throwing kunai's at Yamato, he dodged them effortlessly and soon enough there were kunai sticking out in all directions. Lucy took a deep breath and discreetly signaled her clone to make her move. Lucy's clone saw the light reflect off of her originals halberd three times and knew that it was her turn. Quietly jumping down from the tree she was in Lucy's clone grabbed her whip and swung it up over a branch, she tied the handle to a stump and extended the whip out towards the ninja fighting her original.

Catching Yamato's foot just as he was about to lunge at Lucy he fell into his front and looked down at what had caught him, the whip started to extend and curl around his leg. Once he started to struggle Lucy's clone started to pull him towards the tree and the whip still continued to curl around his body. Once he got to the tree the whip had him in a body bind. Lucy's clone disappeared as the original Lucy started making her way towards the struggle Yamato in order to put a seal on his mouth. "This seal should stop the blood from rushing to your head," Lucy half explained and once she was finished she put tape over his mouth to keep him from making noise. Lucy still had a few hours to regain chakra and she wanted nothing to disturb her, she walked into the trees and ignored the struggling Jonin and started meditating.

Time skip a few hours

The other Jonin surrounded gathered together in a small opening waiting for Yamato to show up, "what do you think is keeping him?" Asuma Sarutobi asked the others,

"Not sure, you think he could be fighting Lucy?" Anko wondered out loud,

"Surely he would've sent a wood clone to inform us," Asuma replied to that,

"Perhaps he got captured," Kakashi lazily said,

"Come on, Yamato caught by that kid?" Asuma stated looking doubtful,

"You saw her fight Anko, you think it's possible?" Kakashi looked towards her and saw that she was once again eating a dango stick,

"That girl is an excellent fighter but even I think it's too farfetched," Anko stated, Kakashi sighed and turned back to his book. The only one who hadn't spoken was Shibi Aburame, the final Jonin of the group. He had been asked to join in on this because of his clans jutsus, he specialised in tracking and trapping, perfect for this exercise. Shibi had been tracking Lucy with his bugs, in fact, one of them was on her now.

"Yamato has been captured," was all he said before following his bugs in the direction of both Lucy and Yamato, with the rest of the Jonin's following behind, two with a look of disbelief and one had tightened his grip on his book.

"This could be a trap, what if she found out about us regrouping because of everything that's happened so far I wouldn't be surprised if she knew," asked Asuma, finally taking things seriously,

"It's most defiantly a trap, which is why one of us is going to stay back and observe," Kakashi stated lazily not looking up from his book,

"Who will do that though?" Anko asked,

"It should probably be Shibi or Kakashi, they are more adept to observation," Asuma whispered just as Shibi gestured that they were close, the shinobi gathered around and saw Yamato in the clearing, only he was upside down and tied up tight with his arms strictly at his side. He had on a blind for and what looked to be a sleeve tied around his mouth but kept his nose uncovered. Asuma bit back a laugh at how ridiculous he looked and wondered how he got into this situation in the first place.