Chapter 9 Edited

Chapter 9 edited

Lucy woke up to find herself in a hospital bed, Lucy looked around trying to get a sense of where she was or at least how long she had been there. Lucy looked out of the window and saw a village down below, it looked so lively. It looked to be around the middle of the day, people were standing around stalls and eating. Lucy turned around when heard the door open and saw a nurse come through the door, the nurse looked surprised to see her looking at her.

"So you're awake dear, that's good. We were expecting you to be out for at least another week or so." The nurse had a soft, soothing voice, she was probably a new resident and wanted to make a good impression. "Are you hungry? I can bring you some soup but no heavy stuff until your stomach gets stronger, you are malnourished." Her voice turned stern at the least part of her explanation, you could tell from her body language and facial expressions that this line of work is what she wanted to do. Instead of being pushed into it or had no other choice.

"Yeah, soup sounds great," Lucy said with a small smile on her face, she hasn't had a decent meal in almost a year. Lucy let her smile drop after the nurse left and turned her gaze towards the window, silently asking Horologium for the date.

"It's July 7th miss Lucy," Came the hesitant the reply through her head. July 7th huh? Wonder if this time it'll be a good day or just as disappointing as the previous years. Lucy sighed at the thought of today, bad things tend to happen on the 7th of the 7th. Lucy hoped that because she's nowhere near Orochimaru that it was a good thing, but she had no idea where she was or who brought her here.

She knew that it was one woman and one man and that they were both ninjas from the forehead protectors that they wore but she had no idea who they were as people. Were they good people? Bad people? Somewhere in between? Would they treat her as an enemy, despite what happened back at the base? Lucy was going through all of the possibilities in her head but until she knew where she was she couldn't plan an escape if she needed one.

She's guessing that the odds aren't going to be in her favour because she's been handcuffed to the hospital bed. At least they're not chakra repressing cuffs so if she needs to make a quick getaway she could break them. This is an obvious way of saying that she's not in for a very warm welcome and that they don't trust her. Lucy took a deep breath and decided to use everything that her father taught her about politics, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and crossing her ankles over one another and then placing her hands as comfortably as possible with her left handcuffed, folded on top of her lap. Lucy then put her practiced 'business' smile on her face and tilted her head slightly to the left as to appear innocent even though she knew that they would know exactly what she was doing.

Lucy heard someone opening the door again and saw the nurse walk in with a tray, she walked in and set the food beside her bed and when she turned to look at Lucy she looked at her slightly surprised but Lucy didn't know if it was because of her changed demeanor or if it was because she didn't expect her to be sitting at the edge of her bed seemingly waiting for her to come back. Lucy ate like she used to back in the estate, small bites with grace and little to no noise.

Lucy hated acting this way but she knew that if she didn't prepare she would slip up and reveal something that she shouldn't. She misses the guild, a place where she can act however she wants and just be herself, however, Lucy knows that ninja based villages such as this one could legally obtain information in any way that they choose. They had a TI unit in most villages and if there was one where she wanted to play her cards right. Only speaking when spoken to, ask only questions that include herself and only answer questions if they are as brisk as possible or when she can provide one in return.