Chapter 14 Edited

Chapter 14 edited

Lucy and Kakashi were walking back to his house and Kakashi noticed that Lucy kept staring her forehead protector that was tied around her right wrist and kept giving her questioning glances. Kakashi placed a hand on her head and stopped walking,

"Something wrong?" he asked her quietly,

"It's just, I never wanted to become a ninja and now I've pledged my loyalty to a village by becoming one," Lucy sighed and dropped her head, "I'm not exactly sure how to feel about it,"

"Lucy, being a ninja isn't necessarily a bad thing, you're protecting something important and because you're wearing that forehead protector, this is your home too," Kakashi was now kneeling in front of her to look into her eye,

"I never said that being a ninja was a bad thing, I just never thought I would be one, I honestly don't know how being a ninja is going to not only affect me but those around me. I don't know who I could be hurting or who could hurt me and my friends, from my perspective being a ninja just creates more problems," at this Lucy looked down and clenched her right wrist to her chest, "I've seen so many people get hurt, I've caused some of that hurt, I don't want to see it anymore." Lucy cried out as she clenched her eyes closed as she had flashbacks from the war between Alveraz and Fiore.

Kakashi was at a loss at what to do, he didn't have any experience comforting well, anybody. Lucy seemed to have gone through too much for a little girl to handle and he didn't know how to help her through it. Kakashi looked down at the small girl that looked like she was about to cry before he took a hold of her shoulders and teleported into his house, he sat her down on the lounge in the sitting room before he told her something about his past.

"Being a ninja can cause a lot of problems and pain, any shinobi could tell you that. Some people can't handle the pressure that it puts you under, my father couldn't, he ended up taking his own life," Kakashi paused at this as Lucy looked up at him, "I was six at the time, he was on a retrieval mission for a scroll but him and his team were ambushed. The only way to save his teammates was to abandon the mission, when people heard about it he received a lot of ridicule. Even by his teammates that he saved, eventually, it became too much for him and he took his own life," Kakashi wasn't looking at Lucy as he said this, Lucy looked down and reached out to hug one of his arms, Lucy didn't look up at his face as she told him about her parents.

"My mother died a while ago, she was doing some kind of ritual that included those gold keys I showed you, there are twelve in total but at the time she only had eleven. She gave her life in place of the twelfth key, ever since then my father has blamed her abilities and eventually started to neglect me, in my childhood home I was always alone and I always asked myself why I wasn't enough for my father, I guess you must have asked that question yourself huh?" Lucy still wasn't looking at him but her grip on his arm tightened slightly, she felt a hand on her head but still didn't look up just leaned her head on his arm.

That sat that way for a while until they heard Lucy's stomach grumble, Lucy blushed and looked down at her stomach slightly glaring at it for making so much noise. Kakashi chuckled slightly before removing his hand from her head and standing up, walking in the direction of the kitchen, "how would you like some lunch, Kakashi style?" he asked and she looked at him confused before following him into the kitchen.

Time Skip

Kakashi was finally showing around Lucy the rest of the village when she heard voices coming from an alleyway and decided to follow them, looking into the alley she saw four boys that looked to be about ten years old kicking a small blonde boy. He was curled up on the ground and covering his head as they continued to kick him.