Chapter 17 Edited

Chapter 17 edited

Lucy had found the arrows that had the poison on them and kept her eyes on them, she was going to get those arrows if it killed her and get Kakashi back to the village.

Back at the village

Anko had just arrived back at the village and snuck past the sleeping guards at the gate before looking for Gai, she was tempted to just go straight to the Hokage but she did promise Kakashi and she trusted him and his opinions even if she didn't agree with him. She just hoped he wasn't wrong about Lucy but she also hoped that Lucy did turn out to be a traitor, then she wouldn't have to feel so guilty about attempting to use and abandon her. Anko sighed as she rounded the corner and spotted Gai about to run up a vertical cliff before she stopped him.

"Gai, wait I need you to do something for me," Anko said in a hushed tone as to not alert anyone that knew she was supposed to be out on a mission. Gai turned to look at Anko and was about to shout out questions to her before her hand on his mouth stopped him, "Kakashi found out about Orochimaru being connected to mine and Lucy's mission and went after us. By the time he got to me though Lucy and I had become separated so he went after her. He asked me to come to get you as a backup and ask that you don't mention this to the Hokage,"

"Of course I shall go help my eternal rival and the Youthful young Lucy," Gai stated as he began to run towards the village gates but stopped once he noticed that Anko wasn't following him, "Aren't you coming too Anko?"

Anko looked down slightly guilty but then she looks changed to one of determination, "No, when Lucy and I got split up she called someone sensei, she knew who knocked us unconscious and tied me to a tree, she's working for them Gai. She has to be, after what she's supposedly been through, who could smile like that? Someone twisted that's who," Anko started hammering on and on trying to justify her actions, "besides Kakashi doesn't trust me with Lucy's safety anyway," Anko said bitterly,

"Right now I don't blame him," Gai said firmly and Anko looked at him shocked and was about to protest when he continued speaking, "If you said all of this to her face do you think she would feel safe with you? I think that you are projecting your anger from Orochimaru onto Lucy and that's what's causing mistrust because I know you care for her. Otherwise, you wouldn't have wanted to train her or spend time with her. And I know that Lucy is not that kind of person, that fire in her eyes is so youthful that it cannot be persuaded by the temptation of Orochimaru," Gai started off serious but ended with tears in his eyes and holding up his thumb at Anko before running towards the gates to follow Kakashi before his trail became cold.

With Lucy and Kakashi

Lucy was currently using her Sagittarius star dress and continuously shot arrows at her opponents, she watched as they fell to the ground wounded and the others jumped back out of her range of eyesight.

'Gemini is there any way to copy them without summoning you, or at least to gather as much information as possible?' Lucy silently asked,

You might be able to transfer the information to us, she heard Gemi say, only if you use our star-dress of course, Mini finished,

Lucy nodded and transformed into her Gemini star dress, and noticed that instead of the diamond being cut out around her chest it was now on her stomach showing her belly button. Using her speed Lucy surrounded herself with her magic, closed her eyes and touched one of her wounded opponents trying to copy their memories and knowledge. Lucy snapped her eyes open once she felt a wave of memories and emotion run through her head, similar to how Hibiki transferred the Urano Metria spell to her. Lucy quickly transferred the information to Gemini and they gave all of the information that was important to Crux and asked him to file it for Lucy.