Chapter 15 Edited

Chapter 15 edited

During the next three days Lucy had been spending all of her free time with Naruto, she even helped him paint a couple of stores that rudely threw him out. Lucy had also asked Kakashi about why the villagers treat Naruto the way they do but he just said that it was classified so Lucy ended up doing some self-investigating.

Flashback

Kakashi had just gone to bed and Lucy quietly snuck out of the window and asked Gemini to take her place, to throw off the ANBU that were still monitoring her before she headed towards the Hokage office from the rooftops. If the information was classified then there had to be documented on it, right? Lucy surprised her chakra enough to make it seem like a mouse was running through the building before she made it to the Hokage tower, this would explain any noises that she may make during her investigation.Landing on top of the roof Lucy put on her cloak and pulled her hood over her head, (cloak looks like the one future Lucy wore) opened up the window and quietly snuck in. Running towards where she knew the filing cabinets were, she quickly got to work. Naruto looked to be younger than 12 but older than her current age so that narrowed it down to between nine and eleven years ago.

Lucy knew that they would have a file on Naruto from birth because he's been a part of this village his whole life. Looking towards the filing cabinets that were marked by year Lucy noticed how many there were just in those three years, she made two other clones and had each one look in files for that year. She needed to get back before Kakashi found out she was missing, or worse if the ANBU found out. Lucy shuddered at the thought and quickly got to work but no matter how hard or long she looked, she could not find anything.

"You won't find what you're searching for in there," Lucy heard from the door she walked through to get in.

"Sandaime," Lucy whispered and widened her eyes, worried about what was going to happen to her but her fear turned into surprise when he threw her a file, while her clones put everything away she read through what the Hokage gave her.

"So he really is a jinjuriki," she whispered, Lucy frowned and looked up at the Hokage, "when he told me about how the village treats him I wasn't sure," Lucy looked back down at the file and spotted Naruto's birthday and decided to remember that for later. "Why are you letting me read this?" Lucy asked the Hokage,

"Because I knew that you wouldn't abandon Naruto for this reason, in fact, you might be able to help him, guide him if you will. You may not have noticed Lucy but you are quite mature for your age and have a sense of hope on your eyes that I've never seen in anyone before. I truly believe that you hold the 'will of fire', something that the first Hokage wanted all shinobi of this village to have," the Hokage looked at Lucy as he said this and Lucy looked confused,

"Will of fire?" Lucy whispered the Hokage chuckled,

"You'll know what it is when the time is right," the Hokage turned around to leave but before he did he called out over his shoulder, "I've called off the ANBU that were sent to watch you, you are now an official citizen of Konoha, I hope that I don't regret that decision,"

Lucy smiled before she followed out after him and attempted to get home before Kakashi woke up but unfortunately luck wasn't on her side, the next morning she spent hours listening to him lecture her about going out after curfew and even more about sneaking into the Hokage office.

Flashback end

Lucy sighed at the memory of what happened not even two days beforehand. Lucy also noticed that Kakashi has been acting weird the last few days, whenever they talked about her training he would want it all in detail, he even went as far to offer to train her in lightning ninjutsu. Lucy agreed of course, why wouldn't she? But that didn't mean she was any less suspicious of his actions, he was usually disinterested and only made conversation to be polite. Lucy shrugged off the thought and decided that she would just ask him later before she looked up to see the Hokages hawk flying over her head, summoning her to his office. Lucy made it to the Hokage office and jumped in through the window,