Chapter 8 Edited

Chapter 8 edited

Anko and Yamato had tried and failed to find any important information about Orochimaru and had only found a couple of scrolls with jutsus and seals that they already knew about. They took them anyway, as per orders and were now trying to find the exit. Lucy was still unconscious in Yamato's arms and it didn't look like she was waking up anytime soon. They ran all over the place but it looked like the base had been wiped clean like they expected them to come. They even passed one room that looked like an infirmary but it had nothing in it but a chair that looked like someone could be strapped into it.

They shuddered to think what they could have been doing to the girl that they were holding. Every once and a while they heard her groan, usually if they were jumping over something. Eventually they managed to open a room that looks like it was an old office, it was empty except for the desk. After searching through it and again finding nothing they went looking for a secret entrance of some kind. Maybe there was some left over information in there.

"Yamato take a look at this," Anko stated as she looked over at the ground in the right hand corner.

"What is it?" responded Yamato curiously as he started to walk towards her.

"This corner is cleaner than the rest of the room," Anko stated suspicious,

"So?"

"Something was here before and from the looks of it, it was only removed recently,"

"So someone was in a hurry but if that was the case why leave the girl?"

"You think she could be a trap?"

"Or maybe they're coming back for her, either way it's not good we need to leave immediately. The Hokage can decide what to do with the girl once we get back," after Yamato said this they started to make their way out of the hidden base. Once they made their way out of the base and into the forest outside they heard laughing from up in the trees. Looking up they saw what looked to be more than twenty shinobi, some of them looked very disfigured.

"Be careful Anko, there could be more," stated Yamato as he made a wood clone of himself to guard Lucy.

"Right," Anko replied as she positioned herself in a fighting stance.

One by one the enemy jumped done from the trees and attacked the two leaf ninja. All the while trying to avoid hitting Lucy with their larger attacks.

"You work for Orochimaru, where is he hiding?" Anko shouted at them a she avoided their attacks and even threw out her own,

"And what does he want with the girl, is she working with him as well?" Yamato added to the one-sided conversation, the men just laughed and continued their onslaught.

Time Skip

Lucy groaned as she started to wake up on to open her eyes to see two people surrounding her. They had their backs to her and were breathing heavily, now that the chakra repressing chains are no longer on her, she could sense that they were low on chakra.

Lucy slowly got to her feet and tried to regain her balance. One of them turned to look at her, the man had brown hair and looked somewhat familiar. "Kid you really should be resting, we'll handle this." as he said this the woman turned slightly to look at her, Lucy looked past them and realised what he meant. They were surrounded, Lucy recognised some of them as her torturers and some of the others as former jail mates.

So they started to work for Orochimaru, Lucy thought with a frown on her face. She turned to look at the man that had spoken to her and she smiled, he looked at her shocked, "You guys look exhausted, why don't you rest for a while?" Lucy suggested to him already coming up with a plan to take out as many as possible. Her chakra still hadn't fully stabilised but she did have that particular trick up her sleeve. The man and woman that surrounded her looked both shocked and in doubt that she could actually take on that many on her own. So did their enemies as they could hear them laughing.