Chapter 6 Edited

Chapter 6 edited

Walking into the workshop after cooking up some fish to eat Lucy nervously shifted as she walked through the shop and into the neck where the kitchen was hoping to sneak back into her room and shower first. Only to see Axal-sensei sitting at the dining room table with his head in his hands. Lucy tried to sneak by him but the floor creaked slightly under her weight and his head shot up to look at her.

His eyes widened at the sight. Her eyes were slightly red and puffy from crying the night before and she was covered in dirt from tripping over. Lucy's clothes were also ripped in various places from climbing the tree in a hurry. Lucy gulped as he stood up and made his way over to her.

He bonked her on the head. "Ouch, what was that for?" she exclaimed.

"What were you thinking, running off?" he shouted at her and Lucy suddenly got angry again,

"What did you think I was going to do?" she yelled back at him rubbing her head before looking up at him. Lucy just then noticed the dark circles under his eyes and unkempt hair. She puffed up her cheeks and looked away from him. Once again Axal-sensei was reminded that she was a little girl and that children tend to do irrational things when emotional. He sighed before kneeling down to her height so that he could look her in the eyes.

"Look, kid, I'm sorry about the letters I shouldn't have gone through your things, but I know nothing about you. Where you're from or even your last name." Axal-sensei said trying not to look embarrassed, he has never apologised to a child before. Lucy looked up at him with a thoughtful look on her face,

"I wasn't mad about the letters you can read them all if you want." Axal-sensei looked confused "I was mad because you broke my box, you could have just asked me to open it, you know." Lucy stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world while putting her tiny hands on her hips. Axal-sensei sweat dropped and the sight and started to laugh nervously.

"Why is that box so important to you? And why couldn't I open it?" he asked in a cautious manner hoping that she wasn't mad anymore.

"Because it symbolises everything I fight for, it was given to me by those most precious to me and it reminds me of others who are equally important," Lucy explained putting her right hand over her heart. Axal-sensei had just noticed the Fairytail symbol that resided there and wondered why he never saw it before. But before he could ask, Lucy said that she was going to go have a shower and then do some more research on seals.

Time Skip

Lucy had been researching seals whenever she was not training or working in the workshop. Lucy thought that she was now ready to perform her first seal. It was just an exploding tag seal, but it was always best to start small and then climb your way up. Especially when your sensei isn't very good at them himself, Lucy has seen him accidentally set one off before, she thought it would be best if she tried to learn from books rather than her sensei on this one.

Luce wrote the signs on a piece of chakra paper that she had purchased earlier that day and tied it to a kunai. Performing the correct hand signs before throwing the kunai at a tree then performing the correct hand sign to release the chakra stored inside, nothing happened, Lucy sighed in disappointment. She had initially thought that this would be easier than everything that she has done so far because she's a holder type mage. She must not be releasing the chakra in the tag right, Lucy couldn't think of any other way she could have messed up.

Axal-Sensei said that chakra control was vital in performing seals and that it should be easy for her because she caught on to that so quick. Lucy huffed and grabbed another piece of chakra paper and performed the steps again, only to have the same thing happen. Lucy tried countless times throughout the day and the most she got was a little singe on one of the corners. Realising that she wouldn't get anywhere until she did more research Lucy went back to ninjutsu training.