Chapter 4 Edited

Chapter 4 edited

Over the next month, Lucy had quickly improved her taijutsu and ninjutsu skills and because of her fast development, Axal-Sensei has finally decided to teach her how to work with and make weapons. Lucy was excited to learn how to use weapons, if you had talked to her a few months ago Lucy probably would've been scared to learn how to use a weapon that wasn't a whip or bow and arrow but because of her training and close proximity to them Lucy started to admire the beauty behind them and now understood Erza's love for weaponry and armor.

Lucy's taijutsu training got harder and went for longer each day and now Lucy could run thirty laps around the training field with her weights on before she started to get puffed out, she could also land a couple hits on Axal-Sensei, none of them did anything to him but she could still do it which is an achievement in itself, it means that she got faster. Lucy was currently skipping in front of Axal-Sensei and humming to herself, unknown to her that Axal-Sensei had a soft look in his eye and a hint of a smile on his face before he wiped them away completely.

"Okay, we'll start with kunai and shuriken first, both in training and how to make them. You will be making them first before you use them, meaning that you'll be making your own weapons. If you don't make them properly you won't get to train with them you see," Axal-Sensei stated as he walked over to the work station to grab her some gloves and an apron off of the wall.

Axal-Sensei then explained how to use all of the equipment that she'll need to make the kunai and which materials will be needed. Lucy went through all of the steps carefully with Axal-Sensei watching the entire time, making sure she didn't burn herself. At the end of the day Axal-Sensei and Lucy were looking at the end result of her hard work before Axal-Sensei burst out laughing and Lucy looked down embarrassed of what she created.

"What even is that?" Axal-Sensei managed to get out before taking a glance at it and started laughing again. Lucy kept looking at the ground disappointed that she failed in making her first weapon, Axal-Sensei finally stopped and looked at her only to see that her hair was covering her face and she was still looking at the ground. "Come with me kid," at the latest he started walking towards his bedroom and Lucy silently followed him.

Once in his room Axal-Sensei rummaged through his closet before taking out an old box that had dust on it and handed it to Lucy. "Well, what are you waiting for, open it," he said roughly when he saw that she was just holding the box in the middle of his room. Walking over to the bed she sat down and placed the box on her lap and opened it up, inside was what looked to be a scrap piece of metal.

"What is it?" Lucy asked frowning,

"That's the first kunai I ever made," he said and ran his hand through his hair looking away for a moment before looking back down at Lucy, "making weapons is just like training, you don't get good at it right away. You need to practice," he said 'besides you've picked up everything else so fast it's about time you find something you're bad at,' he thought to himself.

Lucy got a determined look on her face and ran out of Axal-Sensei's room and down into the workshop once again to repeat the process. Axal-Sensei was still in his room looking at the door that Lucy just ran through and sighed. 'I'm getting soft', he thought as he got up and walked down to the workshop and kept an eye on Lucy while she used the equipment, occasionally pointing out mistakes.

This went on every day for a week before Lucy finally made a working kunai and once again Axal-Sensei was gob smacked. It took me twice as long to make a kunai that could even be thrown straight let alone a fully functional one, he thought slightly annoyed that he once again had to find something that she was bad at. Sighing to himself he then proceeded to tell Lucy how to throw them and even gave her a demonstration in the training field before walking inside, hoping that this will be the thing that she's bad at.