Chapter 44

AN: I really wanted to be able to send Naruto off with Jiraiya this chapter but I couldn't without making everyone wait a couple more weeks but it's still a bit short so forgive me? There are also a couple of things that I want to happen before the end though so I need to figure out a way to squish them into these chapters, I'll explain more down below.

Lucy opened the door to the Hokages office without knocking and saw Tsunade passed out on the desk, surrounded by sake bottles, empty ones. Lucy sighed, looked over all of the available missions and assigned herself to one, leaving a note letting Tsunade know that she was doing said mission before leaving through the window.

Lucy had her ANBU mask on as she jumped through the trees, "hey beautiful, want to tell me why you are out of the village in uniform?" Loke questioned her as he appeared before her,

"no," Lucy said and continued racing through the trees,

"why not? I'm sure you have a lot to say about what just happened," Loke teased slightly but left it up to her to continue,

"I said no," Lucy announced and started to get frustrated, "there's nothing to talk about and I'm on a mission,"

"there's a lot to talk about, it doesn't necessarily have to be about what just happened," Loke said, "we could talk about what you're going to tell Naruto and Sakura tomorrow because you can't keep this conversation from them," Loke dropped the bomb onto Lucy and her footsteps faltered slightly, "Or perhaps what you're going to tell Kakashi, considering you two still haven't had a proper conversation since before the third part of the Chunin exams." Lucy began to get slower, "or we could talk about what you're plan is now since you decided to extend your stay and help Tsunade," Loke continued, "there's a lot to talk about."

Lucy fully stopped at this and groaned at the mess she had created for herself, but it did make her question a lot. Like how Naruto and Sakura are going to react to what she has to tell them, she knew that Sakura would probably hate her for not forcing Sasuke to stay and Naruto would have a hard time forgiving or maybe even trusting her again. As for Kakashi, he will be disappointed in her but will try not to let it show because he'll think that it's only his failure and not hers.

Lucy also didn't know how to bring up the Chidori thing to Kakashi either, Lucy still thought that it was a mistake to teach Sasuke that jutsu, especially while he's still a genin but she also understood why he did it. Kakashi wanted to show Sasuke that he could gain power if he stayed within the village, that he didn't need Orochimaru to complete his goal. Lucy understood and yet she didn't, she didn't understand why Kakashi had to teach Sasuke that particular jutsu, why not another A or S rank jutsu, why not teach him how to use the Sharingan properly, there are so many things that Lucy wanted to know but she didn't even know if it mattered anymore because Sasuke is no longer in the village.

"tell me what you're thinking Lucy," Loke spoke up after watching Lucy think to herself for a few minutes,

"Tsunade is going to send a team to go and retrieve Sasuke tomorrow and she will want to send me because I'm a medical ninja," Lucy spoke up her most recent thoughts,

"what are you going to do?" Loke asked,

"Well I'm not in the village and the only way she could contact me would be through summoning's, by that time it'll be too late," she huffed and then looked down angrily, "besides I would refuse to go anyway,"

"you don't mean that, you're upset," Loke said softly, he knew that Lucy cared much for Sasuke and that she was hurting at his choice,

"no I do mean it, even if I am upset. Sasuke Uchiha is a traitor to Konoha, to his team, to what he could have had if he just asked for help. Sasuke Uchiha chose to become an ally to my torturer and I don't think I can ever forgive him for that," Lucy spoke softly,