Chapter 18 Edited

Chapter 18 edited

Lucy was currently sitting in front of Inoichi telling him of how she first met Axal and how he became her teacher, "I had been separated from the people that had been taking care of me, I ended up alone in the forest. I heard some people nearby talking about a town nearby so I started walking in that direction. I stayed the night in the forest and ended up in the town by late afternoon the next day and tried to get a job in the town. I had no idea where anyone I knew was or where I had ended up, I had no money or a place to go and no one wanted to hire me. This was just over two years ago, so I was six at the time. Someone pointed me in the direction of the blacksmiths, said that they were looking for an apprentice. That's where I met Axal, he owned the place," Lucy paused at this trying to remember what exactly happened and Inoichi was patient, waiting for her to continue on.

Lucy continued to explain everything about her time with Axal until she got to how she got captured, "About ten months after I became his apprentice I had finally finished my sensory training and went into the forest to do a powerful technique, this technique took all of energy to do and completely drained me, it was also very destructive so I went where no one could be hurt. Once I finished it though, I was ready to pass out when someone came out from behind the trees," Lucy shuddered at the next thought,

"It was him wasn't it, Orochimaru?" Inoichi cut in gently, seeing as how she was struggling to come to terms with what happened, Lucy nodded and continued,

"He tried to capture me and obviously he succeeded but before he could Axal came, they fought and long story short I saw Axal die by a sword to the stomach, or I thought I did at least," Inoichi looked confused,

"You saw him die? But wasn't he involved in your mission?" Lucy nodded her head solemnly,

"When he offered to train me it was because Orochimaru told him to, Axal was getting me ready to give me to Orochimaru but when he saw that I wouldn't hurt anyone unnecessarily they planned for him to 'capture' me," Lucy clenched her hands at this, "anyway, once he did I spent eleven or so months in his stupid cave while he did experiments on me and threw me into 'the pit,' as we liked to call it,"

Inoichi placed his pen down where he was taking notes to compare to later on as he saw this getting more serious and harder for Lucy to talk about, "would you like to take a short half hour break? You could get something to eat and some fresh air if you like," Lucy nodded her head wanting to get out of the room as it suddenly felt tighter and got harder to breathe.

Lucy jumped slightly when she felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up to see Kakashi staring down at her in concern, "Let's go get something to eat," Kakashi suggested and lead her out of the room. Lucy kept her head down as they walked through the village, Lucy was lost in thought and Kakashi left her alone. Knowing that the next part of her past wasn't going to be as easy to explain.

Lucy sat pushing the ramen around in her bowl not feeling hungry, "Hey Lucy, you going to eat that?" Lucy heard Naruto ask from beside her as he pulls up a stool beside her, Lucy shook her head no and passed it to him knowing that he would eat it.

"You okay Lucy?" Naruto asked with a mouth full of food, Lucy smiled at him with closed eyes,

"Of course, I was just thinking," Lucy turned around to look at the clock that was hanging up in the corner of the stall, "I should get back, I'll catch up with you tomorrow, okay Naruto" Lucy waved behind her as she walked out of the little stall.

"O-okay," Naruto whispered and looked down at the bowl of ramen sitting in front of him,

"Oi Naruto," he heard from behind him and saw Iruka standing behind him,