Chapter 3 Edited

Chapter 3 edited

It wasn't until two weeks later that Lucy was able to destroy the stump and start working on her chakra use. Axal-Sensei made Lucy sit on the ground with her legs crossed and arms out.

"Is this going to hurt?"

"Not at all," Axal-Sensei said lightly before Lucy started screaming in pain. The pain she felt was similar to when she got her second origin released, collapsing on the ground Lucy turned her head towards him and glared. "If I told you, you wouldn't want to do it." He simply stated

Getting up off of the ground Lucy still glared at him, "I've been through worse than that," it was true, unlocking the second origin was worse, and it lasted longer as well. Lucy went back to studying the chakra scroll to see if she could use it separately to her magic. After reading the scroll and meditating and still having no luck with using chakra Lucy sighed and Axal-Sensei looked confused,

"You definitely should be able to use it I can sense your chakra quite well and I'm not even trying, it shouldn't be this difficult to use," he stated, "maybe you should start with some chakra control exercises, the easiest one if to get a leaf to stick to your skin somewhere. I want you to try sticking it to your hands first," he said and gave Lucy a leaf, nodding to herself Lucy focused her chakra or what she hoped was her chakra into her hand and started to move her hand into a vertical position only to have the leaf slide right off.

After the leaf sliding off of her hand five times, Lucy began to get frustrated and mentally asked Capricorn and Crux to help her. One suggestion they told her really stood out.

"You have to concentrate on your chakra so try thinking of it in a different way to magic." Crux started,

"The scroll keeps referring to your chakra reserves as a pool, while whenever someone talks about magic they refer to a container," Capricorn continued,

"So try utilising this whenever you are focusing on your chakra, magic is like second nature to you now so until you can use chakra like that you need to be able to tell the difference inside your own body," Crux finished, Lucy nodded at their explanation and started to meditate again, but this time Lucy was trying to locate her chakra pool instead of trying to absorb nature's energy.

Lucy didn't know how long she looked but suddenly she heard what sounded like a drip echoing inside of herself and she mentally felt herself walking forwards only stopping when she felt like she was standing on water. Taking a deep breath Lucy opened her eyes and focused on her hand with the leaf on it and started turning it upright, the leaf ended up sticking to her hand for a few seconds before it dropped. Smiling Lucy kept practicing, experimenting and playing around with the leaf and sticking it to different parts of her body such as her forehead.

After being able to stick multiple leaves to herself Lucy asked Axal-Sensei what to do next, he told her to walk up a tree with no hands then continue with her taijutsu training. Focusing her chakra on her feet Lucy tried walking up only to slide back down, after readjusting the amount of her chakra she tried over and over again until she finally got it right. Continuing until she could do it without having to focus Lucy then asked Capricorn to increase her weights yet again and continue with her taijutsu training.

A week later Lucy finally got a day off and decided that she and Crux would do some research in the local library. After all, Lucy still knows almost nothing of this world, she's lucky that Axal-Sensei doesn't like to talk much or else he would be even more suspicious than he already was. Lucy didn't even know the currency of this world and she wanted to learn all that she could so she wouldn't draw attention to herself.