Chapter 7 edited

Chapter 7 edited

It's been four months since Lucy got given the sensory task and Lucy figured out a way to increase her senses within the first month. During that month Lucy's training had slowed right down, she had to wake up a couple hours earlier each day just to be able to complete her tasks before Axal-Sensei woke up. Not to mention how much clumsier she got always bumping into things, and as she memorised where everything was Axal-sensei would move it. He kept saying it was to keep her on her toes but Lucy thinks he was just doing it to make fun of her.

After the first month, Axal-sensei would randomly throw kunai and shuriken knives at Lucy and she would have to either dodge them or catch them and throw them back at him. Lucy did everything with her blindfold on, using her senses was like second nature to her now but she couldn't detect things long distance. Only a couple feet away, maybe from one side of the training field to the other. Lucy still kept on the blindfold during the day and while training, to keep her skills sharp. Once Lucy had figured out how to sharpen her senses Axal-sensei got a depressing aura around him and had moped for a couple of days, grumbling about overachievers, Lucy sweat dropped at him and tried to cheer him up by explaining how hard she finds taijutsu. Lucy has always been more of a long ranged fighter and still finds a hand to hand combat difficult, the only reason she can land so many hits on Axal-sensei is that of her speed and she knows his fighting style so well.

Lucy had been studying seals a lot more lately as well, she has figured out a way to seal her gate keys into her guild mark and to get Virgo to take things back into the spirit world without her being called out of her key. The only problem is that she has to release them from the seal all at once so she still carries around her key pouch. Lucy hasn't figured out a way to summon her spirits secretly either, she read about summoning animals and how some people could only summon one or two different types, but she has so many summonses it'll be suspicious if she suddenly called them out and they were all human looking or looked like mythical creatures, as far as Lucy read the only star dress that she might be able to get away with was her cancer form. Lucy sighed, she missed fighting alongside her spirits, that's what she missed most about Earth Land, fighting alongside someone, whether it be spirit or guild member.

Time Skip

Lucy finally got away and into a discrete part of the forest so that she could practice her magic. For the past ten months, Lucy has missed the feeling of actively using it. It was a big risk attempting now but Lucy couldn't wait, she was just going to exhaust some of it rest for a while and then go back. Lucy star dressed in her Aquarius form and started to perform her most powerful spell. The spell of the stars.

Once Lucy completed the spell, she collapsed onto the forest floor and tried to look around her. In a perfect circle, the trees around her have shredded apart and knocked down, smiling in a bit of relief Lucy undid her star dress and took a deep breath. Despite the fact that she was exhausted she felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders at her use of magic.

Lucy was taken back into a memory of when she first joined the guild, 'It should take over your being and come pouring out of your soul' Lucy smiled at the thought of one of Gramps speeches. He really could talk his way out of anything, closing her eyes she took another deep breath and felt the cool air fill her lungs before she expelled it from her body.

Her eyes snapped open as she heard a twig crack from behind the tree line. Lucy tried to get up into an offensive position but she was too weak from doing that spell. Lucy heard laughing from within the trees, "to think such power came from a little girl," Lucy heard the voice echo around her, she couldn't tell where it came from.

Lucy started to panic, her breathing became uneven and she could feel her heart beating in her chest. 'This aura, I haven't felt anything like it since the fight with Master Hades, when he used his Devil's Eye, it's pure evil'. Lucy thought to herself, she tried to roll over in order to crawl away. If she could just get closer to the town, Axal-sensei might be able to hear her. As Lucy just started to crawl away something slimy wrapped around her ankles. Panicked she looked down only to see a tongue wrapped around her, Lucy followed the tongue back to its owner and saw something that reminded her of the Nine Demons of Tartoros, they had the same feeling about them. They didn't feel human and yet they were still breathing.