Jihyo Imagine [I] (5)

"I Like you."

Those words repeated in my head as I turned to You. "You What?" I ask, doubting my hearing. 

"I like you."

And it hit me like lightning. I froze in my spot, my eyes wide. I like you too. I wanted to say it but nothing came out. "It's okay, really." You laughed bitterly. "I just wanted to get it out." You turned on your heel, going to the door.

"I'll get going now."

"D-Don't go..!" I squeaked out before you went out the door. "I-I like you too." I stammered. I saw you smile before you kissed me.

=

That's how we ended up in front of our little home, screaming at each other in rage. Out of rage and disappointment, I slapped you. You gasped, which brought me back to reality. I hurt you.. You looked at me with your eyes filled with hatred, sadness and anger. "I-I'm--" I try to apologize but you left not before saying something that made my heart sink.

"We're over."

You said, hatred dripping from your voice before exiting. I shakily grabbed my phone and called your best friend, whom I knew you like.

[Hello?]

"Hey."

[What's up?]

"She broke up with me."

[And?]

"remember the drill?"

[Make her happy.]

"Yes. Exactly. Make her the happiest woman in the universe."

[I'll do it...for you.]

"Thank you."

[I hope the surgery goes well.]

"Me too. Well, go now, she'll be there in any minute."

[Aye aye, captain!]

I drop the call, sighing loudly. What's the point of taking a surgery when I'll just die lonely? I chuckle to myself.

~TBC~