Jihyo Imagine (6)

Tbh, this could be you x anyone

Do you guys want a back story?

"Hey, don't be too nervous, she won't reject you, I promise."

That's what she said. But as of now, it's the opposite. She looked uneasy as she slowly took the flowers in her hands.

"I..."

Is she really rejecting me? I looked at her and she seemed to be thinking of what to say. She took a deep breath after a while and finally spoke.

"I'm..really sorry.."

And it hit me. I fought back my tears as she spoke again.

"I'm sorry... I-I should've told you."

She was crying now. She suddenly pulled me by my collar and kissed me.
When we both pulled away, I noticed Nayeon's cold stare.

Shit.

She looked her way and back at me.

"To be honest, I would choose you over her anytime but now is not the time. I just wanted you to know that I love you. I love you to the point that it's hurting me and I can't bring myself to give you an answer because I don't want you to feel the pain that I felt. Please understand.."

I didn't speak. I feel like I would cry if I did.

"Y-you c-can g-go..if you want."

I managed to let out.

"I'm sorry, I can't love you like you did to me but I promise you when the time comes, I'll be the one who'll come to you."

~

I woke up in the same place I was before. Our apartment, alone. Well, not really. You managed to bring a lost puppy here last week so I guess I have a responsibility. I heard a knock and scrambled to the door. You were standing there, a cup of americano in your hands.

"Hey."

You let out, the strain in your voice visible.

"Hey. How are you?"

I let you in as you put the cup down and sat on the couch.

"I felt better, now that I saw you."

You smiled cheekily as I cringed.

"Your too cheesy sometimes, Y'know.."

"Yeah, I do. That's why you love me."

You made a heart sign as I made one back.

"But.."

I start as you look at me.

"Hmm?"

"I was just wondering...I never heard you say I love you to me.."

You looked surprised. And then, you pulled me closer to you.

"Y'know.. Even if I don't say it, I love you so much, you know that. You also know that I can't express myself properly."

You explained, gently, not sounding angry at all.

"Your not..angry?"

"No, of course not. I mean, I would feel the same way if I was in your situation."

You say as you smiled at me. I knew you hated being stuck in this contract but this is the only way to keep you safe from her.

"When are you leaving?"

You asked, your expression turning sullen. I sighed, facing you.

"Tomorrow."

"You know you don't have to leave right? I mean, what about us? What about me?"

You looked at me, tears running down your cheeks.

"I'm sorry.."

"I hate you..I hate you for making me in love with you."

With that, you stormed to our room and closed the door with a slam.