[1] goodbye georgio

~*~

~*~

     THE DAY IT ALL HAPPENED, THE  DAY MY LIFE CHANGED FOREVER I WAS SITTING ON MY BED LISTENING TO THE RAIN HITTING AGAINST THE WINDOW. It had a soft pitter patter that rang throughout my room. The dark sky painted a bleak picture for a fall afternoon that made me want to curl up and sleep. However I had a book resting on my lap; my mind clouded with thoughts of yesterday.

The pervious day Georgie and I had pranked the rest of the members of the losers club. We had stolen something every person loved.  Bills typewriter, Richie's hawaiian shirts, Eddies many fannypacks and Stans bird books. Georgie and I switched all of their stuff. We gave Bill Richie's shirts and Bills typewriter to Eddie. Eddies fannypacks went to Stan and Stans books went to Richie. To say they were pissed was an understatement. Richie literally told me he was going to bite me, super weird but okay?

The sound of thunder crashed making me snap out of my previous thoughts. I sighed,
realizing how bored I was. With all the gloom of today I couldn't go outside nor could I walk to someones house. I tried to get my mom to drive me over to someones house. I had narrowed it down and asked my mom, she said no.

I could have gone to the Denbroughs to hang with Bill but because he had to have the stupid flu I couldn't, and there was no way I was going to Richards he probably just want to make me lose my virginity and that's a double no thanks with a cherry on top.  I would have gone to Eddies but his house smelled weird and his mom was just weird in general. That would mean the persons house that was remotely available was Stans. Which was the house I had chosen my mother had told me it was to far away. Stans house had to reside in the center of the town near the church unlike Bill and I's houses which resided at the edge of Derry Maine.

   A high pitched scream entered the air, causing shivers to run through my veins. I clambered quickly out of my bed my heart stopping as I looked out the window. The bright yellow raincoat of George Denbrough stood out amongst the dark sky  like a sore thumb. His little body was stuck in the sewer drain, his screams echoing throughout the street. My heart beat rapidly as I ran down stairs, tripping over my own feet. I rushed out the door to where George was, not even thinking about putting on shoes or a coat. The only thought in my mind was getting to George, my best friend and next door neighbor.

"Georgie!" I screamed my brown hair sticking to my face blocking my view from him. I rushed through the rain as it hit my face in sharp shards. I placed my arm in front of my eyes to shield them from the storm.

"Help Help! " He screamed to me. Panic coursed through my veins as I grabbed a hold of his legs and began to pull.  Something was there holding him. I could feel it in my whole body as I yanked.

"You'll float Georgie." A devilish voice spoke from the drain. My heart beat quickly as my brown eyes peered in into the sewer. An ugly ass clown had presented itself in front of me. It had a painted white face with an ugly bright red smile. Orange tuffs of hair lined the clowns receding hairline. The clown took a hold of Georgie's arm his teeth sharpening dangerously. I swallowed quickly before giving one last tug to free my friend. With one clean bite the clown had bit Georgie's arm off. The boy screamed in pain as his blood turned the water red. I watched as his eyes glossed over signaling he was dead. I closed his carefully my body wracking with heavy sobs.

"Goodbye Georgio." I sobbed holding his tiny body close to mine. My white t-shirt was soaked with blood and rainwater, the smell of metal filling my nostrils.  "Fuck you clown im going to find you and beat your ass!" I cursed angrily into the air. I glanced down at Georgie and sobbed even louder, my tears almost invisible as the rain poured down. 

"Now that's not very nice " The voice spoke once more. I turned to face the clown who was back again. 

"You know what's not nice?"
The clown smirked up at me his sharp teeth glinted in the littlest bit light,"you bitting a kids arm off!"

"You have something that belongs to me." he muttered looking at Georgie's body. I gripped the boy tighter to my chest, my arms shielding him from the monster.

"Nuh uh no way. " I shook my head, my eyes staring deadly at the clown.

"My you have a nice hand there mind if I-"  I stopped him short. His eyes staring hungrily at my own arm.

"No way!" I yelled recoiling my hand from the ground as fast as I could.

"Fine then i'll just take my dinner and be gone." He smiled. The clown clawed for Georgies green rain boots. I scrambled to get up, ready to take Georgie with me but the clown strongly grabbed Georgie's feet and pulled him in. That was the last I ever saw him.

"Fuck you you nasty child eating Bastard!" I screamed slamming my fists on the hard pavement, a thick pain shooting up my arms and threw my nerves.

   I ran to the Denbroughs house as fast as I could and banged on the door; my hands a little numb. The door opened up quickly to see Bill. I rushed into his house, Bill looking at me with concern.

"C-Cheryl whats wrong." He asked, his smooth face furrowed. I glanced around his house, taking in the familiar sight. I collapsed on the ground trembling; my rain soaked body making the forest green rug wet.

"Oh my god." I cried it had started sinking in now Georgie was dead. "Oh my god he's gone." I rubbed my legs rocking back and forth on the ground. My teeth grazed my lips as I chewed tightly on my bottom lip, ignoring the slight sting of blood.

"Cheryl whats w-wrong your s-scaring me!" Bill cried his green eyes widened. I must have looked like I was going insane.  I felt like I was going insane. I had no idea what to do. I stopped rocking on the ground and stood up my body still shaking uncontrollably. Bill took a step forward wrapping his arms around me steadying myself from falling backwards.

"Are your parents home?" I asked quietly. He nodded "Good because-" I stopped wiping my eyes quickly.

"Because what?" His panic was evident in his eyes and voice.

"Georgie" I breathed quietly but he still heard it.

"What about G-G-Georgie?" He asked almost terrifyingly but yet worried. That then was the two words I said that changed our small town of Derry forever....

"He's dead."

several things! I wrote this book in 2017 and it is not my best work by far and in fact I don't like it all really, but people have seemed to enjoy Cheryl and Bills story. All of the chapters now in lower case are the ones I have edited. They are exactly the same plot wise just edited and fit better to my writing style.
okay so since ig all lot of people throughout this book are confused, George is Georgies real name, Georgie is a nickname, Georgio is Cheryls nickname for Georgie.

I also use the characters full names in this book, such as Edward, and William (being the two that confuse people)

I hope this clears it up!)