[2] the barrens

~*~

~*~

THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS WERE HARD. After I told Bill and his parents about Georgie they sat on the couch with solemn faces doubting if it was true. Bill didn't believe any of it, telling me over and over I was insane. Some nights I would end up crying hours at a time, just thinking about that day. Sleep most of the time was scarce my dreams had now been plagued  nightmares of the fucking clown. It's hideous face popping up in my dreams every night. Everyone was sad for months. This past month I was trying to put it behind me and it was somewhat working I smiled at school and joked with my friends. However the small town of Derry was still stuck on horrors, each week a new kid would disappear and bring back the pain of all the missing family's again. Georgie was the first of many.

The sun shone down on the water letting it sparkle in its light. A soft breeze blew across the sunken in barrens. Trees and plants littered the ground around me. I sat on the edge of the hill looking across at the water. I had book in my hand but I wasn't really reading it. My eyes admired the couple of ducks that quacked away happily enjoying their day. I sighed thinking of all the things I would do this summer. First I would go to the beach and second I would get over my feelings for Bill.

"Ow Richie what the fuck!" Eddie cried in the distance. I smirked upon hearing the whiny voice of Edward Kaspbrak, closing my book I stuffed it in my bag. The losers club, courtesy of the infamous Henry Bowers, had finally arrived.

"Im sorry your so punny Eds." Richie 'apologized'. I snorted quietly, a small smile planted on my face.

"Hey Bitchie Richie" I joked walking over to him.

"Hey Sharerry Berry still a virgin" he chimed in his oh so Tozier charm.

"Yep and im proud considering your still the only non virgin here." Richie just rolls his eyes. I highly doubt he wasnt a virgin but I went along with it; we all did not wanting to hurt the boys enormous ego.

"Eds" I said hugging him. I was close with every boy in the group though I secretly wish their was another girl so that I didn't have to take in the raging hormones of 4 pubescent teen boys alone.

"Hey Cher." he said. He smiled sweetly at me before getting engaged in another argument with Richie. I walked over to Stan.

"Sorry Stan that I couldn't come to your house yesterday my mother wouldn't let me" I told him. Stan and I had a history project to work on but yesterday my mom made me run her errands so I couldn't go to Stans and actually learn something.

"Its quite alright actually my mother made me practice for my Bar Mitzvah anyways" he shrugged, some of his curls bouncing.