[15] one month turns the tide

~*~

~*~

I WAS MISERABLE. My mom tried to coax me out of bed this morning with donuts, it didn't work. I didn't want to do anything at all. I hadn't spoken to any one all. Technically Bill and I hadn't broken up but every second I thought of him I inched deeper into my covers never to return. My heart hurt like it had been stabbed with knife but instead of the wound healing it burrowed deeper. I had fallen back sleep only to be awaken with a start.

Slowly opening my eyes I look around letting my eyes adjust to the light that filled my room. I noticed that Bill sat quietly on the couch in the corner of my room.

"Wha-what?" Was the only that came out of my mouth. I must've looked like a fish with my eyes bulging out of my head.

"Cheryl." Just the sound of his voice made my heart flutter. I had yearned to hear his voice for weeks and now he was here.

"Yeah."

"It got Bev" He said it so quickly and so clearly. It was enough to make my mood change drastically. The small smile that was on my face had been wiped off.

"What?" I asked him through gritted teeth. My blood had turned to ice like it never had before. This feeling was much like the one I had when I had first met the clown.

"Cheryl, It. Got. Beverly." My whole body was shaking. It had gotten one of us. We should have just stuck together this never would have happened.

"Okay lets go" I replied standing up. He gave me a skeptical look.

"I hope you know your not dressed yet." A smirk shown slightly on his pale face. A dark blush appeared on my cheeks.

"Oh yeah, one sec." I grabbed a pair of jean shorts from my night stand and then went to dig through my drawer. I eventually found what I was looking for which was just plain black t-shirt with a white Vans logo on it. Leaving the room I quickly changed and pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

"Took you long enough." Bill was standing at the door to the bathroom, "The others are all outside so hurry up" not gonna lie there was something in his tone that was harsh. It kinda scared me. This was not the same Bill I had left a month ago.

"Okay Okay im comin' don't get your panties in a twist" I rolled my eyes before following his pursuit down the stairs.

Outside all the losers stood in a circle their hands on the handle bars of their bikes. They hadn't seemed to notice me.

"H-hey" I said stuttering a bit.

"Cheryl!" Eddie cried throwing his arms around me not caring that his bike fell to the ground with a crash. I smiled brightly at Eddies embrace.

"Uh-hem" Bill coughed gaining our attention. I rolled my eyes once more. "We need to go" He had a sternness in his voice that again made me shiver. His voice was also cold and emotionless.

"Right" Stan said hoping onto his bike.

"What'd you do to him?" Eddie asked in a hushed whisper.

"Nothing, I swear."

The ride to neibolt house was silent minus the small chit chat going on between Eddie and Richie. Since that boy couldn't keep quiet. I quietly hummed at tune of some sort while I rode next to Ben. I was trying to ignore the fear eating away at my stomach and the nerves making my palms sweat.

"Hey you okay?" Ben quietly asked.

"Yeah im fine." I curtly lied. Stan rode up besides me. "Hey." I said quietly.

"Hey how are you." He said looking at me.

"Im fine just confused." I stated. I was confused what was up with Bill. He had never given me the cold shoulder before and it was unsettling.

"Bill?" He asked. I nodded, swallowing the lump that formed in my throat.

"I have no clue what's up with him. He was perfectly fine earlier."

"Well I know its because of me. But if he didn't want to get me why didn't any of you?"

"He wouldn't let us." Ben piped up.

"What do you mean?"

"What Ben means is Bill didn't let any of us go inside and get you he insisted he did it himself even though we all know he got you last because he didn't want to be with you alone." Stan explained.

"What the fuck were neighbors too." My brows furrowed. 

"No clue sorry Cher." Ben smiled sadly. I nodded and rode the rest of the way in silence my head pounding with all the new information.

The heat beat down on us as we rode our bikes to the front of the house. This was it we were going to get Bev back.

A/n Hey guys some time no see. Anyways how are you guys.

I've recently gotten into the maze runner fandom and im dying because of it. Poor newt.

Well until next time guys-Arden