[5] the quarry

~*~

~*~

  BEV DRAGGED ME ALL THE WAY TO THE QUARRY WHERE THE BOYS WERE. I stumbled over my own two feet as I was dragged through the town, my bike still tied up at parlor.

"What the hell! No!" I cried as the red head began to pull off her shorts so she was just wearing her dress. "I am not letting a bunch of boys see me in my underwear!" Bev gave me a look.

"Well what do you wear usually?" She quizzed. She placed her hands on her hips, staring me down.

"Um I don't think we've ever gone." I said, thinking for a second. The redhead just shrugged at my response.

"Your wearing a shirt. " she commented with a shrug. I glared at her.

"A nice one! " I argued. She just shook her head.

"Come on." she pulled my shirt and pants off waving them high in the air so I couldn't reach.

"Give it back Bev! " I cried as she stuffed them in her bag and ran off. I chased after her. "Beverly Marsh!" I yelled picking up my pace. I crashed into her body. The impact making me fall to the ground. I rubbed my temple wearily.

"We'll go" Bev yelled to the boys.
Shit it was a trap she ran with my clothes to the boys. I turned my head and saw them all looking at us. Their mouths standing agape at the two of us. Bev began to un do the buttons on her dress.

"Nuh uh no way am I going in."

"C-Cheryl" Bill stammered staring at me, his mouth slightly ajar still. I could feel my face turn bright red as he stared at me, his face covered in a light blush of his own. I suddenly felt uncomfortable in my own skin.

"Shit! Lets go" I hissed taking Bev's hand and running towards the edge.

"Sissies" Bev teased as we passed them.

"What the fuck! " Richie yelled as we jumped down into the water. My head went under as I let go of Bevs hand. I came back up to hear Richie complaining about getting shown up. I rolled my eyes.

Eventually all the boys jumped into the water. We had started a chicken fight. I wasn't going to be apart of it until Beverly shoved me to Bill.

"Come on ill beat you! " she teased hopping on Bens shoulders. My competitive nature pushed its way out. 

"Oh you wish Marsh!" I said, squinting my eyes at her. I clambered onto Bills shoulders.

In the end I had reigned victorious and found a turtle.

After an hour or so we all got tired and headed to the shore. At this point I didn't care that I was in my bra and underwear, they were just friends (Bev would respond something like yeah right.)Bev had setup a radio and was now sunbathing. I grabbed a towel and laid next to her. Closing my eyes I listen to the music; Bust a Move by Young MC.

This here's a tail for all the fellas
Tryin; to do what those ladies tell us
Get shot down cause ya over-zealous
Play hard to get females get jealous
Okay smarty go to a party
Girls are scantily clad and showin; body
A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standing on the wall like you was Poindexter

I could feel the boys eyes on us so I whispered to beverly;

"There watching us."

Without turning to each other we come up with a plan to catch the guys. I sat up and Bev turned her head. Just as I suspected the boys quickly turned their heads and pretended to see nothing causing Bev and I to Snicker.

Next days function high class luncheon
Food is served and you're stone-cold munchin'

Richie was going through Bens bag as his distraction from looking at us. Ben shifted uncomfortably as the boy looked through his backpack.

"Richie you dumbass that's private!" I told him. He just scoffed at me.

"What would you know about private according to Bill you spent the night at his house last night." He gave me a smug look as my mouth dropped open and face turned red. What the fuck Bill!

"Richie you perverted ass. All I did was sleep. I have sleep overs with you guys all the time and Bill if I was invading your space just tell me." Richie ignored me and continued going through Bens bag. Bills eyes though widened.

"W-what no R-richies just making the p-privacy stuff u-u-up. I didnt say a-a-a-anything like that!" He glared at Richie clearly flustered.

"Well you did say-" Bills eyes grew wide again, his hand went to quickly cover Richie's mouth.

"No no no nothing!" Bill said to an angry Richie

"Fine." Came mumbled from Richie's mouth. Everyone just watched there exchange curiously.

"Okay now, no talking about that." He removed his hand and watched carefully as Richie took out a history folder from Bens back pack.

"Newsflash Ben Schools out for summa."

"Oh thats not school stuff" Richie puts the folder back and pulled out a postcard.

"Who sent you this!" He exclaimed as Ben snatched it from him

"No one" Ben glared before glancing at Bev. Yep I caused that Haystack. Richie shrugged and looked at the folder again this time opening it.

"Whats with the history project?" Eddie questioned as Richie handed the folder to Bill.

"Oh well when I first moved here I did not really have anyone to hang out with so I just started spending time at the library" Ben explained.

"You went to the library on purpose!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yes Richard he went to the library try it sometime Maybe it will fix that Noggin of yours" I smirked before sitting next to Bill. I could feel Bill tense and look at me but I just shrugged it off; reading the paper.

"Here pass it" Richie said so I did as Ben complemented Bev on her hair.

"Why is it all on murders and stuff?"

"Derry is it like any other time I've been in people die or go missing 6 times National average that's just adults kids are worse, way worse. I've got more stuff back at my house if you guys wanna come" I nodded.

"Yeah" Bev said getting up from her spot besides me.

A/n Merry Christmas guys I hope you have a wonderful day and I don't have my computer right now so I can't add a gif but I wanted to update for you guys anyway and no I don't want to get home but when I do Ill add a gif

ew that's so old 2017 me 🤮^