[12] into the house

~*~

~*~

I SPED DOWN THE STREET.
My cheeks red from pedaling so hard. The afternoon sun beat down on me, burning my legs.

"Bill wait" I called one I saw him in view. He turned and looked at me. "Im coming with you" He shook his head no. I rolled my eyes and cut in front of him. He cursed under his breath, slowing down so he didn't hit me.

"M-Move." Hs said moving over on the road. I shook my head, moving to the other side where he tried to cross.

"No."

"He t-thrusts his f-f-fists a-against the p-p-post and still i-insists he s-ss-sees the g-ghost." Bill muttered now walking his bike. Taking my opportunity I walked beside him, my bike handle bars sticking to my sweaty hands. I sadly smiled at Bill as he tried to finish his phrase used to help his stutter.

"Bill, Cheryl you cant go in there, this is crazy" Bev shouted. I glanced back at her. Once we made it to the steps of the Neilbolt  house we stopped and turned to face our friends.

"Look you don't have to go in with me" Bill started " What happens if another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty or another Ed Corcoran, or one of us. Are you just going to pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuff animals, but he isn't. So walking into this house, for me is easier then walking into my home" My stomach felt hollow at his words and the familiar feeling of doom rose up. I never new he felt this bad. I knew he was upset but not this much. We turn to go into the house.

"Wow."

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once." Richie commented shock evident in his voice. He followed us into the house, the others slowly doing the same.

"Wait" Stan shouted, stopping us in our tracks, "Um shouldn't we have some people keep watch... You know just incase something bad happens."

"W-who wants to stay out here." I rolled my eyes as only Bev and I kept our hands down, pussies

"Fuck. Richie cursed when Bill made everyone draw straws. Bill tried get me to stay out here but I refused. He shouldn't have to go into the house alone.

Richie and Eddie had ended up pulling the short straws. Much to there dismay.

"I cant believe I pulled the short straw." Richie complained. "You guys are lucky we weren't measuring dicks." I resisted the urge to smack the back of his head. I couldn't deal with his idiocy right now.