[9] what are you afriad of?

~*~

~*~

THE FOURTH OF JULY WAS GOING ON AND WE WERE AT THE TOWN SQUARE WATCHING THIS PARADE THING. All I knew was that Richie was beging a little dipshit and stole some kids baritone. The rest of us on the other hand were being more productive and studying some missing posters.

"Oh my gosh Richie I am about to go over there and have that trombone player come decapitate you if you don't give it back!" I yelled to the boy. He ignored me, of course. I stuck my head out at him, my body ready to pounce. Richie gulped and rushed off. I snickered lightly, as if I'd actually attack him.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up by the stand pipe" Stanley gulped.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once" Ben sighed. I could still hear Richie's horrible horrible playing in the background, much to my annoyance. Bill walked up to the poster of Eddie Corcoran and lifted it up revealing a poster of Betty.

"I-Its like shes been f-forgotten because Corcoran missing"

"Is it ever going to end?"

"What the fuck dude!" Richie cursed as the boy took his instrument back. I silently cheered triumphantly.

"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asked coming around the corner. Two ice cream cones in his hands.

"What they always talk about" Richie said joining us. He took one of the cones out of Eddies hands and began to lick it.

"I actually think it will end for a little while at least." Ben said, all the attention being drawn to him.

"What do you mean?"

"So I was going over all my Derry research and I charted all the big events, the iron works explosion in 1908, the bradly gang in 35',and the black spot of 62' and now kids being-" Ben paused. My gears started working 62-35=27 and 35-8=27. The stuff seemed to happen every 27 years."I realised this stuff seems to happen every-"

"27 years" I gasped before Ben could finish.

"Yeah every 27 years."

——

"Okay so let me get this straight it comes out from wherever to eat kids for a year and then what it just goes into hibernation?!" Eddie asked. We all sat on either a bench or a bike. I was sitting next to Bill, on silver;my head resting on his shoulder out of fatigue that was slowly eating me away.

"Maybe its like, what do you call it?" He stopped to think. I raised my brow at him as he was thinking. It had to be something that came out every couple years. Could be a bug, an animal, or a leap year maybe.

"Cicadas Stan, the bug is a Cicada." I told him hoping that was what he was talking about, it seemed to be the most logical answer to our conversation.

"Yeah that anyways, the bug comes out every 17 years."

"My grandfather thinks this town is cursed." I furrowed my brow, interesting. "That everything bad is caused by one thing an evil thing that feeds off of the people of Derry" I shuddered at the thought of the clown eating away at a small arm or leg.

"But it cant be one thing, we all saw something different."

"Maybe, or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see" That makes so much sense but wait no it doesn't I mean I cant be afraid of myself. Can I? I frowned.

"I-I saw a leper it was like a walking infection." Eddie shuddered.

"But you didn't, because it isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper, or-or Bill seeing Georgie. Or, or the lady I keep seeing-"

"See hot?" I groaned. Richie what the hell.

"No Richie! shes not hot. Her face is all messed up. None of this makes any sense, there all like a bad dreams."

"I don't think so I know the difference between a bad dream and real life okay."

"What'd you see? You saw something too"

"Yes you guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? I was inside when it burnt down. Before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. Pushing and pounding on the door, tryin to get to me, but it was to hot. When the fireman finally found them there skin had melted off down to the bone. Were all afraid of something" my heart was ached at Mikes story but he was right we're all afraid of something.

"You got that right" Rich said looking behind him at a clown dancing with some little kids.

"Why Rich what are you afraid of?" Eddie asked.

"Clowns" he replied adjusting his glasses. I gulped no way was I going to tell them that I was afraid of myself. That would make me look pathetic wouldn't it? Or was I not afraid of myself and it was just their to taunt me.

"Um I-I have to go, Yeah I have to go." I choked out standing up. Fuck Cheryl I have to go what kind of excuse is that.

"Wait Cheryl what are you afraid of" Richie asked me. I turned around.

"Nothing" I responded giving them a tight smile.

"But were all afraid of something" Stan insisted.

"Nothing okay, I said nothing" I told them looking down at the ground before running off.

"Cheryl wait!" Bill called running after me. Even though I didn't stop for a second.

A/n okay guys I think this is the end of my daily updates I think I start school again tommorow but I will try.