[16] the well

~*~

~*~

"GUYS SPIKES" WAS THE FIRST THING BILL SAID WHEN WE ARRIVED.I had taken out the knife I had smuggled from my kitchen; showing them I didn't need a weapon. Richie on the other hand reached into some grass on the side of the old wooden railing. He pulled out an old beer bottle that was clearly not stable. Smashing it against the post; it broke sending an array of dust and dirt everywhere. Richie looked up at me who was carefully watching him and shrugged throwing the bottle remains on the ground.

Eddie grunted throwing his fanny pack into the dead yard. I shot him a quick smile before bringing my attention to Bill who was making a spear of some sort. He got up clearly finished and headed into the house.

Walking into the house the painful flashbacks set in. The house brought back the memories I had spent the whole month trying to rid my brain of. A small scar on my head still reminded me of the horrors of the house.

"I can smell it" Eddie gagged as we shone our flashlights around the room. My flashlight landed on the fireplace mantle which read Good Cheers Good Friends.

"Yeah cause this house is real friendly." I muttered under my breath.

"Wow C-Cheryl what great spirit you got there" Bill told me rolling his eyes. I scoffed, we were in a house where we could have died, obviously I wasn't in spirit.

"Wow what an attitude you got there William." My eyes narrowed at him dangerously. The two of us stood like that for a moment our eyes locked, a glare painted on my face. Bill went to open his mouth when Richie stepped in.

"Can both of you losers just shut up." He sighed placing himself between us.

"Yeah sure, whatever." I walked away from the two also noticing Stan had yet to enter the house. "Come on Stan."

"Uh um no."

After much convincing Stan had finally gone into the house. I gave him a reassuring smile as his eyes trailed around the house nervously.

"Hey Eddie got a quarter." Richie remarked as we stood around the well.

"I wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie responded. I nodded in agreement the well seemed like endless pit of nothing just sitting there waiting to gobble you up.

"We need to find something to actually get down there. Great plan William."I remarked if he was going to be an ass so was I.

"Well guys there's a rope over there." Eddie commented clearly not trying to start a fight. I nodded, already heading to the rope. Taking the coarse material I hand it to Bill; as he sets he puts it on the iron hook.

"Alright who's first."

"Ill go" Eddie said quickly taking the rope Mike was steadying. Bill was quick to go next not wanting to leave Eddie alone in the crook he had found.

Soon everyone besides Mike and I had gone down.

"Hey Cheryl what's up with you and Bill?" Mike questioned. I groaned internally why was everyone asking me that. I didn't know the answer to the question, even though I was intrigued myself.

"I don't know Mike why don't you talk to him about it, he's the one who started begin an ass first." Mike nodded. I reached to grab the rope when I heard a loud clunk. Whipping around Henry had appeared taking Mikes bolt gun.

"Hey! Hey Give It Back" I shouted reaching for his gun. It backfired on me. The bolt pierced my arm. Pain ripped though my body as I stumbled back almost falling into the well.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath. I was now leaning against the cool stone of the well, my head dangling dangerously off the edge. Mike was still on the ground from pure shock. His mouth was slightly agape and his eyes glanced between Henry and I. Anger was contoured on the bullies face as he taunted Mike. I took in a deep breath. My heart was racing as Henry's eyes met mine. A sick smile twisted onto his face. My eyes widened in horror as he slowly made his way over to me. I scrambled up as quickly as I could, my feet slipping on the muddy ground.

"Mike! Cheryl!" The others screamed from the well. The blood from my arm was dripping down the side of the well that I fell against. Henry gripped my arm. I swallowed nervously, my eyes looking and the bolt gun that was in his hand, this time aiming not to miss.

Bang.

Mike had hit Henry in head making him tumble backwards into the well. I ducked as his body tumbled over mine. He screamed as he fell the loud cracks of his body echoing the empty space.

"Good riddance." I muttered. My eyes met Mike, who heaved breathlessly. I took the rope in my hands and make way down. I could hear the others sigh with relief at the sight of my feet and Mikes head, which peered down, his bolt gun falling out of his hands.

Once I get down to the small space I noticed Stan wasn't here. My brows furrowed as I scanned the dark for him.

"Hey guys wheres Stan?" Upon hearing my question the others heads whipped around to look for their friends in a panic while Mike made it in.

"Hey sorry guys the rest of my bolts fell down the well." He sighed.

"That's fine but wheres Stan!" I cried. He was missing.

A/n Hey guys I tried something a little different for this chapter I didn't follow it exactly like the movie because I feel like as a reader it can get boring to read the same lines over and over again so I changed some of it up and yeah I hope you enjoyed it. Also the gif is totally unrelated but oh (well)
Edit:Not gonna lie when I wrote the authors note I thought the Pun was funny. Its really not