Chapter 5: A caring voice

"Then I guess it's only fair that you finally give her a call!" Hoseok claimed handing Jimin the phone. "You may have not been honest with her but Mrs. Park is a very sweet lady."

           "Yeah Jimin! So I know if you tell her about that, she will understand. Your mother knows how much you treasure your education." Taehyung assured.

              "I-I guess you're right..." Jimin claimed. "Maybe I can tell her." Jimin thought holding the phone and began to dial his mother's number. Hoseok and Taehyung gave Jimin some time on his own leaving Jimin to make the call.

         As the couple left Jimin, The young man sat down on his bed waiting for the mother to answer... Until Mrs. Park finally did.

        "H-Hi Mother..." Jimin said into the phone while looking around in his vacant bedroom. Hoseok and Taehyung already left Jimin alone in his house to make the phone call. Jimin took in a deep breath, he didn't see himself going to call his mother... But his friends insisted. It was better than having to wake up and see Hoseok and Taehyung making love. "I need to speak to you... About something.." Jimin claimed. It would be rare when he would call his mother now...

            "What is it, Jimin?" The mother's voice can be heard through the phone. Her voice was sweet and calm. Just how a perfect mother would sound.

            "Mother... I want to come home... Spend time with you.." Jimin found himself smiling. "I think I'm a little homesick."

           "Oh! Of course you can always come home! I still clean your room and set it up everytime for the day you come home to stay!" The mother kept smiling happily. It's been a while since she's seen her own son and wanted to see him and hopefully catch up.

          "Thankyou Mother.. I'll get there soon. I'm only visiting okay?" Jimin assured as Mrs. Park agreed. After their talk, Jimin hanged up and smiled. "I haven't talked to my mother.... I almost forgot how wonderful her voice sounded..." Jimin finally noticed himself smiling! Deep down he loved his mother but only wanted to avoid telling her what he spent the money on. Jimin wouldn't eat today if it wasn't for Hoseok and Taehyung coming in and helping him.... Jimin felt like he took everyone for granted. His mother.. She supported him and sent him money but Jimin had to lie about eating much just to continue on in college. Hoseok and Taehyung barely had time with Jimin because the red haired, young man only moved himself away because he felt that the couple needed space... And yet again, Jimin only felt bad about relationships.

         The thoughts about relationships would occasionally come across his mind daily... It made him seem lonely and he was! Since the day Hoseok and Taehyung began to date, Jimin only felt left out. Around new years, couples would kiss and hold hands as Jimin sat down and look at the stars. During any other romantic holiday, he was always left out... When he would do something about it like head out and meet someone new... The voice in his head would yell at him telling him not to... What was that all about anyways?

           Jimin got up and decided to take a shower. When he removed his shirt he noticed the mark on his neck was red... This was the most common thing he would have along with the voice. However, his friends only told him it could be a rash. Jimin placed his hand over the red mark, "Rash... Could it be just a rash?" Jimin whispered. Throughout all of his childhood... His mother found the markings and thought the same.. Jimin felt like he was the only one who thought this mark wasn't even a rash.... But yet again, who would listen?

            Jimin stayed in the shower talking to himself and holding his own conversation.. When no one else was around, he alone thought of himself as company. That mirror... It kept him company throughout his youth. Jimin's father wasn't around and his single mother couldn't tell him why. At times Jimin would think His mother would have told him to leave. The earliest memories he had of his father was when he would come home to hug Jimin and bring him a small toy. It was a happy memory back then. Once he was out of Jimin's life, the mother seeked for something to make Jimin happy... And that was when the mirror came in.

            After the shower, the mark grew clearer and clearer... Jimin looked at the mirror to see a scratch. "I-I think I scratched myself too hard." Jimin thought as he looked at his nails. They weren't sharp... Just trimmed. If he didn't do this to himself, who did? Jimin now thought this simple voice in his mind wasn't so safe.. It was uncontrollable.. like something tried to speak to him violently.