Chapter 26: Beyond the cold mirror

"Stop procratinating and come with me!" Jimin giggled and pointed to the mirror. "We go in there! Night realm!"

          "You are very excited to see such a scary place." Jungkook laughed and sat up holding Jimin's hands. "Fine.. But please hold onto my hand while we go there. There's no light but the moon and I can't lose you there... Your soul will be lost if you wander around without me.."

       Jimin felt a chill down his spine. "O-oh... Didn't know that." Jimin answered nervously. "I will hold your hand, Jungkook. No matter what!"

             "Mm.. Okay. Come on." Jungkook claimed standing up and walking to the mirror.

            "Jungkook... What weather is it in there?" Jimin asked curiously as he played with the sleeves of his sweater.

            "It's fall in there. Everything in there is a copy of this place... But certain areas are spring or winter."

           "And Summer?" Jimin asked as Jungkook shook his head.

            "No sun, theres nothing but cold darkness there." Jungkook added as Jimin walked up to Jungkook excitingly wearing his red sweater. Jimin held hands with Jungkook as the demon stepped up to Jimin and smiled covering his eyes gently as he held out a blindfold to cover Jimin's eyes before they enter.

            "W-what's this for?" Jimin asked as Jungkook placed his hand on Jimin's chin.

             "So you wouldn't have to see your worst nightmare.." Jungkook stated as Jimin tilted his head adjusting the blindfold.

         Jungkook sighed and used a sharp end of the mirror frame to slit the left palm of his hand as Black ink began to flow, the ink rushed down his hand and dripped onto the floor as he hissed at it quietly.  Jungkook brought his hand up to the mirror and smeared it making a figure of a moon with his index finger and spelled the words "Иiǫʜƚ Яɘɒlm" on the cold mirror.

        "mlɒɘЯ ƚʜǫiИ.." Jungkook whispered as Jimin was confused at Jungkook's words. Then Jimin heard screams from demons that made Jimin hold Jungkook's hand tightly. It was like a portal to a demon world!

              Jimin closed his eyes tightly under the blindfold, he was so scared that he couldn't move. Then Jungkook tugged Jimin's hand forward as the human felt like he was standing on stiff grass. The atmosphere was cold now and Jimin began to shake at the cold temperature he couldn't take! It was like someone dumped ice cold water over his shoulders!

             "J-Jungkook..." Jimin whispered as he felt Jungkook let go of Jimin's hand along with clothes rustling. Jimin held his hand out and waved it side to side quickly wanting to feel Jungkook's warm hand again.

        Jungkook took off his black cloak and smiled walking up to Jimin and wrapping the human up with it. "I don't want you freezing here." Jungkook whispered as he pulled up Jimin's blindfold exposing his beautiful dark brown eyes. "This is the Night Realm..." Jungkook held Jimin's hand and moved aside allowing the human to look around.

          The Night realm was cold... Dark and red light filling the copy of the world as dead, black plants stood from the ground. The grass was stiff and it felt like Jimin was standing on rocks. "Jungkook... I-I need my shoes.." Jimin stated as Jungkook laughed and picked Jimin up on his back.

          "I'll cary you." Jungkook claimed as Jimin held Jungkook close as they started walking along a dark grey path. Jimin looked up to the red moon. The place was still and nothing worked. Time has stopped and Jimin felt a bit afraid of the cold familiar atmosphere.

             "I-I feel like I've been here before..." Jimin stated as Jungkook looked back at Jimin with a smile.

              "You have been here! I brought you here when you were just a little boy... Carried you like this too." Jungkook replied as Jimin nodded.

            Jungkook knew Jimin eversince he was little... This made Jimin feel bad he couldn't remember. "The folktales I would read when I was little... Demons had horns... Why don't you have one?"

          "Taken off..." Jungkook responded.

           "You took them off?" Jimin moved his hand up to Jungkook's hair and tried to feel dents of horns but they weren't there.

            "A-angels... Took it off of me.. As another punishment..." Jungkook sighed. "It hurted soo much.. I felt like I was dying but.. Death isn't an option for me.."

             "So you lose two horns.. What does it mean?"

                "It was like a ticket.. If I still had it, I would be able to leave in a year already.. Pass on.. But I don't have it now and I stay for another eternity.."

                 "I'm sorry Jungkook.." Jimin caressed Jungkook's hair as they kept walking along the path. Jimin left a kiss on Jungkook's black silk hair directly kissing him on the back of his head. "I-Is it like angel wings?"

             Jungkook nodded. "Before I got here.. They took my red Halo, my dark wings.. Now I got my horns taken off and they all hurted. I've experienced harsh pains... I couldn't take it any longer.. So I would bleed..."

           "Hurt yourself?"

            "Something like that..." Jungkook replied. He didn't feel like going into that any longer but Jimin wanted to ask one more question.

            "Why did they take your horns?" Jimin questioned as the two approached what seems to be a park.

           "Because..." Jungkook walked to a nearby park bench and set Jimin down on it. "I did this to you.." Jungkook pointed to Jimin's scar on his neck. "I marked you here..."