Chapter 2 "O-M-G"

Over the next few days, Shaylynn has been keeping herself busy with work and looking for a house for herself.
Condo living is alright, but she prefers not to share walls with other people. She lived in close quarters while in the military and swore she wouldn't do that again after she left.
It just so happens her real estate agent has found her a gem, something she's always wanted, but very hard to come by in or around Chicago.

She gets off work early so she can meet her real estate agent.
When she pulls up in front of the house, she gets excited.
Her agent is standing out front. He turns around, sees her, and waves.
Shaylynn gets out of her SUV and walks up to him, "What do you think?" he asks her. 

"I love it! You did well! I've always wanted to own a Victorian home

"I love it! You did well! I've always wanted to own a Victorian home. Now, what's the deal with the price? It sounds too good to be true!" she tells him.
"The husband just accepted a job out in California and they are very motivated to sell!" her agent says, "Ready to go inside?"
"Let's go!" Shaylynn says.
Over the next thirty minutes, they tour the house and talk about writing up an offer.
After an hour, Shaylynn owns a house.
Sitting in her car at the real estate agency, she pulls out her phone...

At District 21, Halstead pulls out his phone.....

Shaylynn: I now own a home! :)

Halstead: Congratulations! We need to celebrate! Molly's at 8?

Shaylynn: Sounds good! See you there!

Halstead smiles and puts his phone back into his pocket. Antonio watches Halstead smile and knows why.

Returning back to Mary's condo, Shaylynn gets some work done since she left early.
After a while, she gets something to eat, then takes a shower to get ready to head to Molly's.
She pulls something out from her closet. 

After she's done fixing her hair and makeup it's time to leave to make it on time

Walking into Molly's she notices that it looks like a party is going on. She looks behind the bar and sees Dawson.
Shaylynn walks over to her, "Sorry, I didn't realize you guys were having a party! I'll leave!"
"Nonsense! This party is for all first responders!" Dawson tells her.
Shaylynn gives Dawson a look, "But I'm not a first responder!"
"If it wasn't for you and the others who serve/served in the military, we wouldn't be doing what we do! Now go have a seat!" Dawson tells her with a smile.
Shaylynn looks at Dawson weird, "Okay!" then smiles at her as she walks off to the table in the back.
Ten minutes later, Molly's really starts to fill up. Shaylynn can see through the crowd Halstead walking in. He sees her and walks over, kissing her before he sits down.
Her and Halstead have seen each other a couple of times since that night at Molly's when they walked outside together.
"So you finally found a Victorian home. I bet you're happy about that!" Halstead says to her.
"Oh yeah! It's beautiful! Some of it is going to need some work to restore some rooms, but other then that, I love it!" she tells him.
Shaylynn pulls out her phone and finds her gallery.
"Here's a few pictures of the inside I was able to get," she says.