Chapter 19 "Back To Life"

Severide removes his arms and turns Shaylynn around to face him, "Do you really think this night has been perfect?" he asks her.
"Yes! Very much!" she says and smiles at him.
Severide starts kissing her with the fireworks going off in the background.
The fireworks end.
They get back into Severide's truck. He drives off back to Shaylynn's house.

~~~~~~

Stopping in front of Shaylynn's house, Severide puts the truck in park.
"Do you want to come in?" Shaylynn asks him.
Severide shakes his head 'no', "If I come in I'm going to want to make love to you! I don't want to disrespect your wishes!" he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him. She leans over and kisses him.
Severide puts one of his hands behind her head to pull her closer to him.
Shaylynn pulls back a little, "Kelly, I can't breathe!"
Severide smiles at her, "Don't worry! I'll bring you back to life!"
Shaylynn smiles at him and starts kissing him again.
After about five minutes of making out in Severide's truck, Shaylynn pulls herself away from him, "I better go inside or the love making is going to take place inside this truck!"
Severide gets a huge smile on his face.
"But that's not going to happen!" Shaylynn tells him, then opens the door.
"I almost forgot! I wanted to give this to you at the beginning of the night but forgot!" he tells her reaching in the backseat.
He then hands her a single red rose, "Thank you!" she says and kisses him.
She gets out and turns back around, "Night, Kelly!"
"Night, Shaylynn!" he tells her.
She shuts the door and starts walking up the steps to the front door. After she has the door unlocked and opened, Severide drives off.
On the way to Tony's, Severide receives a text.
When he parks outside of Tony's, he looks at his phone......

Shaylynn: Thank you for the perfect night!

At 3 a.m. Shaylynn's phone wakes her up. She goes to reach for it but it falls on the floor.
Reaching over the bed, she picks it up off the floor.
"Hello," Shaylynn says in a groggy voice.
"OH THANK GOD YOU'RE ALRIGHT!" Sam says in a worried tone.
"Sam? What's wrong?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Most of 51, some of the Intelligence Unit, and any other cops and firefighters who were at Molly's were in serious car accidents!" Sam tells her.
Shaylynn sits up in bed, "Are they all at Med?"
"Yes! Everyone's here! Shaylynn, things don't look!" Sam tells her.
Shaylynn hurries out of bed and to her closet, "You said yes everyone is here when I asked if they were at Med, are you there?" Shaylynn asks Sam.
"Yes!" Sam tells her.
"So this is an FBI matter?" Shaylynn asks as she gets dressed.
"It is!" Sam says.
"Sam, what happened to make these accidents an FBI matter?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Each and every brake line had been cut!" Sam tells her sister.
"Have you called Kelly?" Shaylynn asks her.
"No! I figured I would let you do that" Sam tells her.
"Alright! I'll call him and then I'm on my way to Med!" Shaylynn tells her hanging up.
Making her way down the stairs she calls Severide.
"Hello"
Shaylynn can tell she woke him, "Kelly, most everyone who was at Molly's tonight has been in serious accidents!"
The line goes silent, "Kelly, are you there?" she asks him.
"Yeah, I'm here!' he tells her.
"Kelly, I'll be there to pick you up!" Shaylynn tells him.
"I can drive myself!" he tells her upset.
"I'll be there to pick you up! I don't want you driving! Do you understand?!" she says
"Alright! I'll be waiting for you!" he says hanging up.
Shaylynn puts on her coat and grabs her bag. Walking out the back door, she walks to the garage.
She proceeds to Tony's to pick up Severide.
When she arrives, he's outside waiting for her. Once he's in her SUV, Shaylynn drives off to Med.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn and Severide arrive at Med and rush in.
Severide heads straight into the ED, while Shaylynn stays out in the waiting room with Sam.
"Anything new?" Shaylynn asks her.
"No, so far all that's been found is every brake line on everyone's cars were cut. Then with the snow and ice added to the mix, it was a disaster!" Sam tells her.
"Did you call Dad?" Shaylynn asks her
"Yeah, he's on his way down here!" Sam says.
"I'm going to head inside," Shaylynn tells her.
Sam nods to Shaylynn, then Shaylynn walks into the ED.

The ED is a madhouse!
Doctors and nurses running everywhere!
Shaylynn looks to the side and sees Severide walking out of one Cell then into another. She can see the Cell he walked out of has Casey in it. Then the one he walked in must be where Dawson is.
She looks to the other side and sees Dr. Halstead and Dr. Manning walking toward her.
"I'm so happy to see you two weren't involved in an accident!" Shaylynn says to them.
"We left about fifteen minutes after you and Kelly did. If we would have stayed, we probably would have" Dr. Manning tells her.
"Dr. Manning!" Maggie yells.
"Gotta go!" she says smiling at Shaylynn and walks past.
Dr. Halstead looks at Shaylynn, "I have a huge favor to ask you" he says.
"Alright," Shaylynn says to him.
"Would you go and sit with Jay?" he asks her.
Shaylynn gives Dr. Halstead a look, "Will, I don't know" she says.
"Please, Shaylynn" Dr. Halstead pleads with her.
"I'll see what I can do!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Thanks!" he says then walks off.
Shaylynn walks over to the Cell that Severide walked into. When she looks in, Severide sees her and walks over to her.
"Will asked me if I could go in and be with Jay," she tells Severide watching his face for any expression.
"It's up to you!" he tells her, "I'm not your keeper!"
"But you're my husband and we're trying to work at getting back to that kind of relationship," she tells him, "I wasn't just going to walk in there without saying something to you first!"
Severide smiles at her, "I appreciate that!" he puts one of his hands on the side of her face, "I trust you!" he tells her and kisses her.
Shaylynn smiles back and walks away.

Walking up to the Cell Halstead's in, Shaylynn walks in. She sees how beat up he is.
His face is all scratched up and bloody still. Walking over to a chair, she sits down.
Thirty minutes go by.
All of sudden Halstead starts having what looks like a seizure.
Dr. Choi comes running with Dr. Halstead behind him, "What's going on?" Dr. Halstead asks Dr. Choi.
"I'm not sure! I didn't give him any medication that would cause this!" Dr. Choi tells him.
Halstead sits up and starts yelling.
Dr. Choi grabs one arm while Dr. Halstead grabs the other arm, "He's having an episode! The car accident must have triggered a memory!" Dr. Choi says.
"Jay! It's Will, you need to calm down!" Dr. Halstead tells his brother.
Nothing!
"Soldier! You need to calm down! That's an order!" Dr. Choi tells Halstead.
Nothing! Halstead continues to yell.
By now everyone in the ED is watching.
Both Dr. Choi and Dr. Halstead look over at Shaylynn, "Shaylynn, PLEASE try something!" Dr. Halstead pleads with her as he and Dr. Choi hold on to Halstead with everything they have.
Shaylynn looks out of the Cell and sees Severide watching, he nods to her.
Shaylynn walks up to the bed and sits down on the side. She takes Halstead's face between her hands and starts stroking his skin.
"Jay, it's Shaylynn! You need to calm down!" she tells him while she continues to stroke his face, "Jay, can you hear me? LOOK AT ME JAY!" she tells him.
Halstead finally makes eye contact with her. Dr. Choi and Dr. Halstead can feel him starting to relax.
Letting go of him Halstead grabs Shaylynn and pulls her closer to him.
Dr. Choi and Dr. Halstead are just about ready to grab him when Shaylynn speaks up, "I'm alright!"
Halstead starts crying on her shoulder.
Standing outside the Cell Maggie is standing beside Severide, she puts a hand on his arm, "She was just helping Jay."
Severide looks over at Maggie and smiles, "I know!" he says to her and walks over to the Cell Dawson's in.