Chapter 11 "Magical Hugs"

The next morning, Shaylynn wakes up to hammering.
Sitting up in bed she can't believe her neighbors are hammering so early until she looks at the clock... 10:30.
She looks beside her and notices Severide never slept with her last night since the pillow hasn't been messed up. Shaking her head, she gets up out of bed. She walks over to her dresser and takes a few things out, then walks over to the closet and takes a few things out of there.
She takes a quick shower, dries her hair, fixes it, puts her makeup on, then finally gets dressed. 

Walking out of the bedroom Shaylynn notices the hammering has gotten louder

Walking out of the bedroom Shaylynn notices the hammering has gotten louder. Curious about what's going on she hurries down the stairs.
When she gets downstairs, she hears talking out on the porch. Opening the door she walks out to see all of 51 putting Christmas lights up on her house.
Annabelle sees her and runs over to her, "SHAYLYNN!" Annabelle yells with her arms wide open getting the attention of everyone outside.
Shaylynn squats down to accept Annabelle's hug.
Cindy, Donna, and Trudy walk over to where they are.
Annabelle steps back from Shaylynn and takes a hold of her hands, "Are you okay?" Annabelle asks concerned about the gauze covering Shaylynn's knuckles.
"I am now! Your magical hugs made me better!" Shaylynn tells Annabelle.
Annabelle smiles, "You look very Christmassy!" Annabelle tells Shaylynn looking at her shirt and scarf, then takes off running off the porch to play with her brothers and Terrance in the snow.
Cindy gives Shaylynn a hug, as does Donna, and Trudy.
"How are you?" Trudy asks her.
"I'm doing good!" Shaylynn tells her as her eyes swell up with tears.
"What's wrong?" Donna asks.
"I can't believe everyone is here on their Saturday off doing this!" Shaylynn says as Boden comes walking up onto the porch.
She feels the tears escape from her eyes and make their way down her cheeks.
Boden brings Shaylynn in for a hug, "We're here because we're all family!" he tells her, "When one of us hurts, we ALL hurt!"
Cindy, Donna, and Trudy all wipe tears from their eyes.
Boden looks at them, "Don't you ladies start too!" he says with a smile.

~~~~~~

The rest of Saturday goes by.
Sunday comes along and Severide goes back out Christmas shopping with Casey and Dawson so he can finish up.
While Shaylynn's at her house painting walls, decorating, etc.

~~~~~~

It's Monday and back to work for Severide.
He walks up the driveway and heads inside. Making his way to the locker room, he changes into his uniform.
As soon as he shuts his locker door a call comes into the Firehouse.
Everyone runs out to the trucks.
The call keeps the crews out all morning and most of the afternoon.

Returning back to the Firehouse, the crews are tired and hungry.
As they get closer to the doors that lead inside they all smell something.
Walking in, all of them see Katie in the kitchen with huge silver containers.
Otis walks around the kitchen island and kisses Katie, "What's all this?" Severide asks her.
"Courtesy of Shaylynn! Something about to repay all of you for what you did at her house" Katie tells them.
"Is she here?" Severide asks all excited looking around.
Katie smiles, "No! I imagine she's at work" she says, "Alright everyone, dig in!" Katie tells them.
Everyone gets in line, grabs plates and silverware and digs into the food.

~~~~~~

At the new building the DHS has obtained, Shaylynn gets on the elevator.
The door closes, she looks around, smiles and starts making faces.
She pulls out her phone and takes a picture.
Opening her text message app, she sends the picture to Severide.
The elevator door opens and she gets off on her floor.
Walking down the hallway, she walks past the offices looking for which one is hers.
She keeps walking, then finally finds it. Looking at the offices on both side of hers, she sees her office is between Dean and Sam's.
Shaylynn opens the door. Walking in she sees quite a few flower arrangements. She grabs the cards from them. One is from Sam and Dean, the other one is from Butch and the guys, another one is from Severide, with another being from Hank and Sam, and the last one is from Halstead?
Why would he send me flowers?
Putting the cards in her bag, she puts her bag in a drawer. Looking around she notices how bare her office looks except for the flower arrangements. She would put pictures up, but she has no clue what pictures she would use.
Sitting down at her desk, she gets to work.

After a couple of hours, there's a knock at Shaylynn's door, she gets up, walks over, and opens it.
Looking back at her is Halstead.

"Jay? Why are you here?" Shaylynn asks him, "And how did you get up here?""I showed security my badge," he tells her as he nudges her back into her office and closes the door behind him

"I showed security my badge," he tells her as he nudges her back into her office and closes the door behind him.
He walks closer to her, puts an arm around her waist and pulls her to him so he can kiss her.
"Jay," Shaylynn says before his lips meet hers.
Shaylynn backs up from him, "Why are you here?" she asks him again backing up into her desk.
Halstead smiles at her gives her a little push so she's sitting on her desk, walks up closer to her while undoing his pants.
"Whoa! Jay, not here!" Shaylynn tells him.
Halstead puts his hands down on the desk on each side of her and looks her straight in the face, "Are you back with Kelly?" he asks her.
"I don't know," she tells him, "Why do you care? I haven't seen or heard from you for a while and you strut in here."
"Kelly and I had a talk, but I'm breaking the terms!" Halstead tells her.
"What was the talk about?" Shaylynn asks him.
"You!" Halstead says.
He goes to kiss her again, but the door to her office opens with Sam and Dean looking in.
Halstead refastens his belt buckle, backs up and turns around to see who opened the door.
Dean and Sam see it's not Severide who's in Shaylynn's office, they both glare at Halstead.
"We have a case!" Dean tells Shaylynn walking into her office, walking past Halstead, "That means you have to leave!" Dean tells him.
Halstead turns and looks at Shaylynn, "Bye, Jay!" she tells him.
Halstead turns and starts walking toward the door and stops, he looks back at Shaylynn, "See you later?" he asks her.
"I'm doubting it!" Dean tells him giving Halstead a glare.
"Was I talking to you?!" Halstead says to Dean.
This pisses Dean off, he starts walking toward Halstead, "Alright boys! Cool it!" Shaylynn tells them, "Jay, you better leave!"
Halstead continues to walk out of Shaylynn's office, Sam moving so he can get past him.
"So that's the detective?" Dean asks her.
"His name is Jay Halstead!" Shaylynn tells him.
Dean looks at Sam and rolls his eyes, Sam tries not to laugh.
"What's the case?" Shaylynn asks as she takes her gun and bag out of a drawer.
"We've received a lot of calls about four women that smell like rubber cement glue at the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. And that glue isn't used there! Sounds like they're back at it!" Dean tells her.
"Let's go!" Shaylynn says.
They walk out of the office and make their way out of the building.
With it snowing once again they take Shaylynn's SUV.

~~~~~~

Entering the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District, with five floors they split up to find these women.
Dean and Sam find two of the women and take them down to waiting cars.
On the fourth floor, Shaylynn comes across one of the ladies who takes off running toward the stairwell.
Shaylynn starts chasing her....
"I'm in pursuit of one of the women! We're in the stairwell, heading up to the roof!" Shaylynn radios out.
Dean and Sam who are on the ground floor take off running toward the stairwell.

Sam and Dean make it to the roof.
When they walk through the door and out on to the roof, they see a guy standing on the ledge with Shaylynn. He has an arm around Shaylynn's neck holding a gun to her head and there's handcuffs around her wrists.