Chapter 22 "Had In LA, Stays In LA"

In this chapter, I'm going to introduce a few characters from another show I love to watch that isn't a part of the One Chicago family.

I know what a shocker!

I'll discuss more at the end.

*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Shaylynn wakes up thinking what happened last night was just a dream. She rolls over and sees Severide's back facing her. Looking at him she lightly traces her finger over his tattoo.
"Stop that! It tickles!" she hears him say.
Shaylynn lets out a little laugh, rolls over and sits up.
Severide turns over, grabs her and pulls her back to him, "Where you going?" he asks her.
"To work. You're more than welcome to stay here if you want" Shaylynn says looking down at him.
"We have a lot to talk about, don't we?!" he says adjusting a pillow.
"Yes, we have a lot to talk about," Shaylynn says standing up, walking to her closet.
She grabs some clothes and heads to the bathroom.

Severide hears the water running. He's tempted to get up and join her but decides against it.
I've made it this far! I don't want to ruin what I've gotten back!
He sits up on the side of the bed, stands up and walks out of the bedroom gathering up his clothes from the hallway and stairs. Putting them on as he picks them up.
Severide feels his jean pockets, his phone isn't there. He starts looking around in the hallway for it, it's not there. Making his way down the stairs, he looks on each step. Finally, on the next to last step, he finds it
Unlocking it he sees he has four text messages from Tony....

Tony: Man, where are you?

Tony: Are you getting my texts?

Tony: Will you be coming back anytime soon?

Tony: I'm having a "friend" over so if you can PLEASE find another place to crash.

Severide laughs at the last text.
He calls Tony....
"Hello"
"I'm going to be heading back soon so I can get a change of clothes," Severide tells him.
"Come on Tony! Get off the phone!" a female voice says.
Severide starts laughing, "Or maybe I won't be!" he says, "I'll let you go!" he tells Tony.
"Hey!" Tony says, "Where did you stay last night?"
"I found a place," Severide tells Tony.
"Where?" Tony asks.
"KELLY!" Shaylynn yells.
"You're with Shaylynn!" Tony says in a devilish tone.
"Talk to you later, Tony! Have fun!" Severide says hanging up.
Severide hurries up the stairs to see why Shaylynn yelled for him.
He walks into the bathroom and finds her sitting on the sink in a towel, "What are you doing?" he asks her.
"There's a mouse!" Shaylynn tells him, "It went behind the toilet!"
Severide starts laughing at her, "It's not funny, Kelly!" she tells him.
"With what you've done and do you're afraid of mice?" Severide asks with a shitty grin on his face.
Shaylynn shoots him a glare, "Just keep an eye on it so I can leave the bathroom!" she tells him.
Severide starts laughing again, "Alright!" he tells her.
Severide watches for the mouse while Shaylynn gets down off the sink, grabs her clothes and runs out of the bathroom.
Once she's out, Severide walks out to the bedroom, "SHUT THE DOOR!! I don't want that little fucker in my room!!" Shaylynn yells at him.
Severide hurries and shuts the door.
"That little fucker is lucky I have out here what I need to get ready! I swear I'm going to get a cat! Maybe a few!" she says glaring at the door.
Severide laughs at her again, "I'm going downstairs" he tells her as he walks out of the bedroom and down the stairs.
Shaylynn gets busy at getting ready
Forty-five minutes later she looks at her phone, "Damn it! I'm late again!"
She quickly makes her way down the stairs with Severide meeting her at the door. He grabs her coat and helps her put it on.
Shaylynn turns around and looks at him while she does up her coat, "We'll talk when I get back. Is that okay?"
"That's fine!" Severide tells her, then kisses her.
Shaylynn picks up her bag, walks to the back door, and out to the garage.

~~~~~~

After walking into her office at the DHS it dawns on her that she was supposed to go to the FBI.
She takes out her phone....
"Hello Shaylynn," Sam says.
"I forgot I was supposed to come there beginning today!" Shaylynn tells Sam.
"It's fine! Just come here tomorrow!" Sam tells her, "Gotta go!" she says hanging up.
Shaylynn puts her coat and bag away then sits down behind her desk to get work done for today and tomorrow. Having to start going to the FBI means double the work.

Sitting for a couple of hours, Shaylynn stands up to stretch. Turning around she looks out the window to see that it's snowing once again. She walks closer to the window and looks down at the street below watching the people hurrying along when there's a knock at her door.
"Come in," Shaylynn says.
The door opens, she sees a fuzzy reflection appear on the window, turning around she's surprised by who she sees.
"Lucifer Morningstar!" she says.
"Shaylynn," he says in his accent as he walks in.
"Where's Chloe?" Shaylynn asks him.
"She's talking to your boss," he tells her, "Why haven't you made it back out to LA?" he asks her as he circles around her with a hand tracing her waist.
"I've been busy!" Shaylynn tells him pushing his hand off her, "Lucifer, what we had in LA, stays in LA! Okay?!"
Just then Decker walks into the office, "Chloe, it's great to see you again!" Shaylynn says as she walks over to her and gives her a hug, "What brings you to Chicago on one of the coldest days ever?" Shaylynn asks.
"The murderer you and your guys helped us catch, we believe he's in Chicago!" Decker tells her, "And that he's joined the terrorist group that's here!"
"Why do you think that?" Shaylynn asks.
"While in prison he was corresponding with a Martin Hicks who he said was his brother. I remember the name Hicks from you telling me about him and your late husband" Decker tells her.
"So you two are going to be sticking around Chicago for a while?" Shaylynn asks Decker.
"I'll be here for a couple of days, then have to get back because of Trixie. Lucifer, on the other hand, has volunteered to stay" Decker tells Shaylynn.
"I bet he has!" Shaylynn says looking at Lucifer.
He smiles at her with a devilish grin.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Since the new characters have been introduced I want to put this out there.

If you watch the show Lucifer, you know about Lucifer and what he does. Well, he won't be doing that in my story.

He WON'T have angel wings, a devil face, or be able to find out what people desire.

In my story, he'll be a rich club owner who's a consultant for the LAPD, nothing more.

Now that you know, what do you think? Should I keep going with Lucifer and Decker?