Chapter 9 "Screaming"

The date night between Shaylynn and Severide didn't happen.
She was at the DHS all day and almost all night working on the case. These terrorist groups aren't going to stop until they cause mass destruction.

~~~~~~

Christmas is right around the corner.
Between this case and trying to get ready for Christmas, Shaylynn feels like she's drowning.
Not to mention everything that's going on with Severide and Halstead.

~~~~~~

Severide is out Christmas shopping with Casey and Dawson, when his phone rings...
"Yeah"
"Kelly, you need to get over here to Shaylynn's! Something bad has happened! She's outside screaming, her knuckles are busted open, she has blood on her face, and there are holes in the walls inside the house!" Halstead tells him, "I've tried talking to her! I've tried getting her inside, but she won't stop screaming!"
"I'm on my way!" Severide tells him hanging up.
"Is everything alright?" Dawson asks him.
"I don't think so! It sounds like Shaylynn is having a major episode!" he tells her, "I have to go!" he tells them and starts running for his truck.

~~~~~~

Arriving at Shaylynn's, he gets out of his truck and can hear her screaming. He runs into the house and sees the holes in the walls Halstead was talking about.
Running toward and out the back door, he finds Halstead trying to calm her down, but it's not working.
Halstead sees him and runs back to him, "Her eyes are really glassy! The blood on her face I'm assuming that's from her knuckles!" he tells Severide.
"She's having an episode!" Severide tells him, "Don't you have them?" he asks Halstead.
"Yeah!" Halstead tells him.
"I'm sure your eyes go glassy during them also!" Severide says walking off toward Shaylynn.
"Shaylynn! Babe! I'm here! Talk to me! What's wrong?" he asks her.
She looks over at him, "They're gone!" she tells him.
"Shaylynn, who's gone?" Severide asks her.
"The babies! The surrogate had a miscarriage!" Shaylynn tells him falling to the snowy ground, crying.
Severide kneels on the ground beside her, grabs her, and brings her to him, into an embrace.
"Hun, we'll get through this! You and me!" he tells her.
Shaylynn looks up at him, "Your not going to leave me?"
"No! No more leaving! Babe, you need me and I need you!" Severide tells her, "Can we go inside, please?" he asks her.
Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes'.
He starts to stand up, helping her up at the same time, then helps her walk into the house.
"Why don't you go upstairs and get a shower. Your cold and those knuckles are going to have to get cleaned and looked at" Severide tells her.
Shaylynn walks over to the stairs and walks up.
Severide turns around and looks at Halstead, "Thanks for calling me!"
"Hey, we might have our differences and don't see eye to eye, but this has nothing to do with us and has everything to do with Shaylynn! It's apparent both of us love her, but right now she only needs one of us and it's not me! I know what she's going through, but right now she needs someone who's stable, not someone who could experience an episode at the same time as her!" Halstead tells Severide, "I'll back off, for now! But I'll be watching and the first wrong move by you, I'll be right back by her side!"
Severide just glares at Halstead,"I have to be going! I was called to a case, but I wasn't going to leave her alone!"
Halstead walks to the door and walks out.
Severide shakes his head and walks over to the holes to look at them better.

It's been thirty minutes, and the water is still running upstairs.
Severide walks up the stairs and to the bathroom, he knocks on the door "Shaylynn" he says.
When he doesn't receive an answer back, he opens the door.
The bathroom is hot and there's a lot of steam.
He walks over to the shower and opens the door, finding Shaylynn sitting on the floor rocking back and forth, crying hysterically.
Seeing her so upset is breaking his heart! He grabs a towel and puts it on his shoulder. Walking back over to the shower he turns off the water, then bends down and puts the towel around her.
"Let me help you up," he tells her.
Severide puts one of his hands out to her. She puts one of her hands on his. He helps her up while she holds onto the towel with her other hand.
He leads her over to the bathtub and has her sit down on the side. Grabbing another towel, he starts drying her hair.
Shaylynn looks up at him, "Why are you doing this?" she asks him.
He crouches down and looks her straight in the eyes, "Because I love you!"