Chapter 14 "Madness"

With it being Christmas Eve morning, District 21 is buzzing with officers wanting to get their shifts over and head home.

Upstairs, the Intelligence Unit is finishing up a homicide case.
Everyone is sitting at their desks getting paperwork done.
Halstead's phone goes off, he looks down to see it's a text message.

Shaylynn: Are you stopping by tonight?

Halsteads eyes almost pop out of his head.
He quickly puts his phone in his pocket.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn walks off the elevator onto the floor where her office is.
Walking down the hall the offices she passes, all of them are playing Christmas music.
With Austin dead, it seems people are celebrating, but Shaylynn knows better.
Something major is going to happen!
They seem to forget that Hicks is still out there and he's just as dangerous as Austin if not more knowing just as much about bombs as Austin.
Opening the door to her office the smell from the flower arrangements hits her.
She takes a deep breath smelling their wonderful fragrance.
Walking behind her desk, she puts her bag into a drawer, then sits down to get started on her report about what happened with Austin on the rooftop.

A couple of hours have gone by.
Shaylynn goes out to lunch with Dean and Sam and exchanges Christmas gifts with them.
They return to work to get some more work down.

Another hour goes by.
Sam and Dean stop by Shaylynn's office on their way out, "Aren't you done yet?" Dean asks her as he looks into her office.
Shaylynn laughs, "No! I'm not like you and Sam and cut corners!"
"SSSHHH!!!! You're not supposed to say anything about that!" Dean tells her then smiles.
"I'll see you guys in a couple of days!" Shaylynn says looking at the door.
Both Dean and Sam smile, "Have a great Christmas, Shaylynn!" Dean tells her.
"Thanks! You too!" she says, then Dean shuts her door.

Two more hours go by.
Shaylynn is finally seeing the end in sight of finishing her work. As she's finishing up there's a knock at her door. She figures it's Tom the Custodian wondering if anyone is in her office so he can clean.
She gets up, walks to the door, and opens it, "Tom I'm almo...." she starts to say until she sees who it really is.
Looking back at her is Halstead.

"Seriously? Security let you up here again?" Shaylynn says to him

Halstead starts walking toward her making her walk back into her office. He closes the door behind him and locks it this time.
"Jay, what are you doing?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I can't wait till tonight!" he tells her.
"What are you talking about?" she asks him.
Halstead moves closer to her, grabs her, and starts kissing her.
Shaylynn gives him a little push, "Jay! What the hell are you talking about you can't wait till tonight?" she asks.
"The picture you sent!" Halstead says pulling his phone out of his pocket and shows her the picture.
Shaylynn's eyes get big, "That pic..." she starts to say until Halstead puts his lips back on hers.
He pushes her back toward her desk, puts his hands up under her skirt, grabs onto her panties and pushes them down until they're all the way off.
"Jay!" Shaylynn says being able to get her mouth away from him for a few seconds until he starts kissing her again.
He leans over her making her lean back as he undoes his belt buckle along with his zipper. As he pulls her down toward him, he enters her when she reaches him.
Shaylynn tries to say something, but Halstead presses his mouth harder onto hers.
She wraps her legs around his waist and starts squeezing.
"Shaylynn, you're hurting me!" Halstead tells her.
"Good! Now get the fuck off of me!" Shaylynn tells him pissed off.
Halstead gets off her and starts fastening his pants back up.
Shaylynn sits up on her desk and smacks him, "What's that for?!" he asks.
"Something happened and the picture was sent to you too!" she tells him.
"What do you mean me too?" he asks.
"The picture was only meant for Kelly!" Shaylynn tells him.
Halstead stares at her, he breaks his stare when his phone rings along with Shaylynn's phone.
"Hello," Shaylynn says.
"We have a MAJOR situation!" she hears Dean tell her.
"What is it?" she asks.
"This group has taken out five residential blocks!" Dean tells her.
"How did they do that? Was anything intercepted about this?" Shaylynn questions him.
"No! This has to be in retaliation for taking Austin out!" Dean tells her, "As for the how, they set off bombs in the sewers, which sent fire up through the houses sewer systems making them explode! We're searching buildings that are still standing for these assholes! When can you be here?" Dean asks her.
"Give me an address I should meet you at!" Shaylynn tells him.
Dean gives her an address. After hanging up, Shaylynn picks her panties up off the floor then walks over to a cupboard and pulls out a pair of jeans and boots. She starts changing into her jeans as Halstead watches.
"Stop staring!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Would you like me to step outside?" Halstead asks her.
Shaylynn gives him a glare, "Like you would if I told you too! It wouldn't make a difference anyway! It's not like you haven't seen me naked!" she tells him, "Was your call about the five residential blocks?"
"Yeah!" Halstead says.
"We better get going!" Shaylynn tells him as she grabs her bag out of a drawer.
They walk out of her office and head out of the building.